Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can I still get the TSB leafs?

Old 03-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Can I still get the TSB leafs?

I've got a 2" or AAL. When I brought the truck into the dealer back home in WI they said I couldn't get the TSB done because of the aal. Could I take of my AALs and then go to the dealer here in AZ for the TSB? Is it possible that the dealer in WI noted in some Toyota database about the AAL?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
They can flag the vehicle but I highly doubt they did though. Doesn't hurt to try.

Try logging in to toyota.com and checking the maintenance log for your vin. That might let you know if they made any notes about your vehicle.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
2009? You're out of warranty anyway.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f5sp View Post
I've got a 2" or AAL. When I brought the truck into the dealer back home in WI they said I could get the TSB done because of the aal. Could I take of my AALs and then go to the dealer here in AZ for the TSB? Is it possible that the dealer in WI noted in some Toyota database about the AAL?
why would you want the TSB if you have AAL's? if you already have AAL's, and no TSB, they wont work with the TSB unless you cut them.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You're not missing much
What do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
2009? You're out of warranty anyway.
It's a certified pre-owned so I'm still in warranty.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you mean?
I mean the regular 3 leaf pack is 3 shitty leafs and the 4 leaf TSB pack is 4 shitty leafs

You're not missing out on much
Old 03-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #8
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
why would you want the TSB if you have AAL's? if you already have AAL's, and no TSB, they wont work with the TSB unless you cut them.
I want to lower the back end a bit and also my leafs are completely shot. What do you mean by "cut them"?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #9
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I mean the regular 3 leaf pack is 3 shitty leafs and the 4 leaf TSB pack is 4 shitty leafs

You're not missing out on much
I've read that the TSB give about 1" of lift, which would be perfect. What do you mean by shitty? Do they sack out quickly?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've read that the TSB give about 1" of lift, which would be perfect. What do you mean by shitty? Do they sack out quickly?
Yes , my truck came stock with them and they lost 1" of height in about 4 months of carrying a 300 lb toolbox daily
Old 03-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #11
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
my 2010 sr5 had the TSB leafs installed...they raised the truck a little over an inch and settled to about one inch over the stock 3 leaf. never had any problems with the truck over a 2 year period (and 30K mles) and I used it for truck duty regulalry.

my 2012 sport came with the 4 leafs...no issues since I purchased it. and i load it...but not every day.

others with a heavy topper/camper/shell, or haul heavy tools/equiptment every day...have had issues.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #12
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes , my truck came stock with them and they lost 1" of height in about 4 months of carrying a 300 lb toolbox daily
What kind of tools does a snow replicant carry daily?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
What kind of tools does a snow replicant carry daily?
Voight Kampff equipment
Old 03-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #14
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Voight Kampff equipment
Weird thing for a replicant to carry. Looked lighter in the movie.. Oh well, Hollywood always gets it wrong.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Weird thing for a replicant to carry.
Deckard was a replicant
Old 03-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #16
Rabid Conservative

Quote:
Deckard was a replicant
Great movie.. I like the theory, but was that ever confirmed by Ridley Scott or anyone else?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:39 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Great movie.. I like the theory, but was that ever confirmed by Ridley Scott or anyone else?
http://youtu.be/_7o0rvVxU0w
Old 03-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #18
Rabid Conservative

Quote:
Awesome! thanks for that confirmation.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:28 AM   #19
LoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud of
LoneCynic's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2013 TRD Off Road, and it looks like mine came with just the three leafs. Am I eligible for this TSB to get the four leaves, or do I have to wait?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #20
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you mean?

It's a certified pre-owned so I'm still in warranty.
Nope, it's not. The tsb only covered the original 3 year warranty. I tried to get the tsb springs when I was only a week outside the original warranty and it was a no go, and mine has the CPO warranty also.