Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

900 miles from home and 2012 tacoma breaks down

Old 03-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #21
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I don't know, it just seems like dealers will do anything to get out of doing stuff for "free". That's just my experience though.
That would be reimbursed by Toyota I presume and not an individual dealer
Old 03-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #22
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
That would be reimbursed by Toyota I presume and not an individual dealer
Haha well I've never heard good things from a vehicle company either...
Old 03-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #23
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a K and N filter? Had a similar problem in my wife's Subaru after installing one several years ago...
Old 03-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #24
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
damn that sucks, especially being that far from home. Hope you get it fixed and its nothing serious.

Was that knocking noise from the video coming from the engine ? If so, that doesn't sound good at all. Bad gas can do some harm with a bad combustion in a cylinder. Hopefully it isn't that serious.

If the noise was something different it could possibly be something electrical, or something with the MAF sensor making your rpm jump erratically like that.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #25
Bhwang is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
Bhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Bad gas is my guess, get some fuel stabilizer and dumb it in your tank and run all that gas through and refill with some good premium and check that gas cap.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #26
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
They should make these things waterproof. (kidding..) hopefully nothing is too messed up. Let us know the outcome!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #27
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhwang View Post
Bad gas is my guess, get some fuel stabilizer and dumb it in your tank and run all that gas through and refill with some good premium and check that gas cap.
dumb it in the tank? what will that do? Kidding, just wanted to let you know your username sounds like a sonar pulse. lol
Old 03-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #28
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a speed sensor, or ecm
Old 03-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #29
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like it's working now. Keep driving, pull into the first Toyota dealer you see close to the hi-way and see if it's throwing a code at you.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #30
2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2006KJ's Tacoma Gallery
No update yet. Leaving my hotel now for a 3.5 hour trip to my destination. Tomorrow it will be going to the dealer ( if it makes it there ). After that video the truck acted completely normal. No rpm fluctuation and the cruise control wiorks fine. That's what makes me think it was a little water in the gas. Before I parked the truck last night I dumped a bottle of fuel treatment in followed by 12 gals of 91 oct. hopefully that does the trick. Ill update again after the dealer pulls the codes. Thanks for the help and advice everyone

Oh yeah. Truck is stock except for 265/70-17 cooper discover sst tires
Old 03-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #31
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
This worries me just a little bit. I'll be driving my 2012 from Texas to Alaska this summer. Probably not many Toyota dealers in the Yukon territory to fix it if I break down! haha
Old 03-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #32
Trail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud of

Name: Jon
Trail Squirrel's Tacoma Gallery
pm'ed
Old 03-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #34
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
Got a long trip coming up this make me nervous... sub'd for Results

Thats an overreaction. This is an anomaly at best.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #35
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
Thats an overreaction. This is an anomaly at best.
+1 this is very rare for a Toyota.

Very sorry this is happing OP. hopefully it's something silly!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #36
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
no fucking kidding. thats the only thing i noticed the entire video.
I don't get peoples fixation with this?

Its not a "fast" lane.

Haven't you ever been on a hwy that only allows truck in the right lane? It can get all rutted and leads to a bumpy ride. On those roads I drive in the left lane for a smoother ride. Plus the fact I drive 4 MPH over the limit and if some jack ass feels the need to drive faster than that he can pass me on the right.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #37
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
This worries me just a little bit. I'll be driving my 2012 from Texas to Alaska this summer. Probably not many Toyota dealers in the Yukon territory to fix it if I break down! haha
If you are concerned about water then just get a tube of dielectric grease and go through all electrical connections under the hood and under the truck. Then you will never have water problems.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #38
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
I don't get peoples fixation with this?

Its not a "fast" lane.

Haven't you ever been on a hwy that only allows truck in the right lane? It can get all rutted and leads to a bumpy ride. On those roads I drive in the left lane for a smoother ride. Plus the fact I drive 4 MPH over the limit and if some jack ass feels the need to drive faster than that he can pass me on the right.
It's not a fast lane, it's a passing lane. You're supposed to stay out of it unless you're passing.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #39
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
It's not a fast lane, it's a passing lane. You're supposed to stay out of it unless you're passing.
x2
also
why would there be a fast lane with posted speed limits?
Old 03-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #40
newfieDan is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
newfieDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
^^ x1000 But that's not the point of this thread, OP needs help.

Subbed to hear outcome. Good luck OP, hope it's a painless repair for you. You're right it shouldn't happen on a fairly new truck. Does seem like electrical gremlins for sure. And probably something to do with the amount of water you were travelling in.