900 miles from home and 2012 tacoma breaks down

Old 03-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #41
TunnelDV will become famous soon enoughTunnelDV will become famous soon enough
Army: 4/11 ACR
Name: Derek
TunnelDV's Tacoma Gallery
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=1XakB...%3D1XakBpgrR4s

http://www.slowertraffickeepright.com/

Lane squatting is being passive aggressive. Get out of the way.

Derek V
Old 03-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #42
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for answer to problem......don't care what lane you were driving in.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #43
white08gt is just really nicewhite08gt is just really nicewhite08gt is just really nicewhite08gt is just really nice
Air Force: recip engine mechanic
Name: Al
white08gt's Tacoma Gallery
traffic signs say slower traffic keep right. it doesn't say I am going faster than speed limit I belong here, move your ass over I am going faster than that. blocker and jammers are what causes traffic jams. if I am in left lane and some one comes up on me I just move over, common courtesy. now back to the problem he was having, truck sounded like a diesel truck from the video. Toyota has the worst cruise control of any vehicle I have driven. it will not keep constant speed except on level ground, hunts and down shifts to my liking and I get better mileage on my own. sounds like bad gas to me, I would put a can of seafoam at every fillup. the other thing is a bad battery, had this happen to me, car when into limp home mode. seat belt chime went off, radio started searching and seeking. speedo and tach went crazy. drove straight to dealer and it turned to have a 2 bad cells less than 1 year old. new battery and good to go but scared me, dealer said voltage falls below 11 volts goes into limp home mode.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #44
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
As with others I could care less what lane you were in. I would like to see the results. I have a '12 with just over 11,800 miles with many long trips and no problems. If it's a fuel issue, I always fill up with premium and search for ethanol free. Hope you get it fixed.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #45
Deathcure is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Deathcure's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, but have the battery checked mine went out a couple months ago so i got a yellow top to put in it
Old 03-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #46
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathcure View Post
subbed, but have the battery checked mine went out a couple months ago so i got a yellow top to put in it
once you get it cranked. battery aint gonna be a problem and cause it to run rough
Old 03-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #47
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
This worries me just a little bit. I'll be driving my 2012 from Texas to Alaska this summer. Probably not many Toyota dealers in the Yukon territory to fix it if I break down! haha
Mic Mac Toyota in Whitehorse

http://www.micmactoyota.com/
Old 03-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #48
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Mic Mac Toyota in Whitehorse

http://www.micmactoyota.com/
Nice, thanks for the tip!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #49
Bhwang is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
Bhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
dumb it in the tank? what will that do? Kidding, just wanted to let you know your username sounds like a sonar pulse. lol
Haha thats funny, it stands for Big Huge Wang haha, gl with your truck man, my guess is still bad fuel, it happens, hope it did not screw up a coil pack, happened to my old man with his chevy when he was visiting in the states, when he filled up with some ethanol fuel, that stuff is bad news
Old 03-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #50
Somethings Fuckey
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 03-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #51
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
case of bad fuel?(I'm not a big fan of BP quality of fuel), loose fuel cap or improperly tighten fuel cap? I would pull the check engine light code and see what it says.
should not be fuel! PB is about all i use unless iím out of town and their is not a PB. have used it ever since i got my truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
I don't get peoples fixation with this?

Its not a "fast" lane.

Haven't you ever been on a hwy that only allows truck in the right lane? It can get all rutted and leads to a bumpy ride. On those roads I drive in the left lane for a smoother ride. Plus the fact I drive 4 MPH over the limit and if some jack ass feels the need to drive faster than that he can pass me on the right.
i kinda agree. all tho it is a passing lane only. sometimes late at night(all ways move over if i see cars/trucks coming up on me) but their is a few places around here where it is so bad it will jerk the steering wheel and itís hard to stay in the lane.(and the state wonít do shit about paving it.) iíll get in the left lane till i get past the bad spot than get back in the right lane. Iím usually in the left lane using it to pass people. but when i see a faster car or truck i may speed up and pass a car and get over as soon as i can. i HATE when people donít move the hell over for faster cars/trucks. I should not have to pass on the right.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #52
Socal Tacoma
boopie is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ramon
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for outcome. OP next time just focus on the dash and try not to get the road on your video, that way people won't comment on what lane you are on. They can just comment on how much gas you have or your speed or even the temp of your oil.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #53
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't get peoples fixation with this?

Its not a "fast" lane.

Haven't you ever been on a hwy that only allows truck in the right lane? It can get all rutted and leads to a bumpy ride. On those roads I drive in the left lane for a smoother ride. Plus the fact I drive 4 MPH over the limit and if some jack ass feels the need to drive faster than that he can pass me on the right.
In Kansas it is state law that the left lane is for passing. Passing on the right is illegal.

You'll get a ticket for riding the left lane too long if you aren't passing.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #54
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
In Kansas it is state law that the left lane is for passing. Passing on the right is illegal.

You'll get a ticket for riding the left lane too long if you aren't passing.
Its also illegal out here but not enforced. waiting for diagnosis. I am contemplating upgrading my 06 to a 12-13 model but seems a few threads on here bout those newer models either missiig stuff or having issues.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #55
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelDV View Post
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=1XakB...%3D1XakBpgrR4s

http://www.slowertraffickeepright.com/

Lane squatting is being passive aggressive. Get out of the way.

Derek V
FU

If I am already going over the speed limit people should not need to pass me. I would say bad on them for going an excess of over the limit.

Speed kills.

and to pull out the lame reference like you here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWwbAgmE3N4

Old 03-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #56
2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2006KJ's Tacoma Gallery
FYI you can stay in the 'fast lane' for 2 miles before/after passing a vehicle.. which i did and was legal. ALSO i was more concerned about my tacoma dying on me and less concerned about what lane i was in. the important thing is i was able to document this problem while it was happening, and after it happened move to the side of the road safely.

I made it to oklahoma city today... 3.5 hour drive from joplin Missouri. Truck seemed perfect.. like brand new.. like it should. My bet is bad gas.. and putting 12 gal's of 91oct and the fuel treatment in must have helped it. It'll be interesting to see what codes it threw.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #57
lpfm1990 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
lpfm1990's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lpfm1990
Bad gas maybe. But for it to completely die and come back according to the tach???? That's electrical. Only way a motor can die and come back is on a standard shift, I'm almost 100% sure you can't bump start an auto, plus the idiot lights turned off.... Only way that could happen is if you cycled the key.... I'm guessing a bad computer or chassis ground, my truck hated -20*f, it almost didn't start, stalled, started, closed the door and somehow it locked itself without touching any buttons, and I was only 450 miles from home, and 20 miles up a snow covered trail of a road to a snowmobile resort
Old 03-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #58
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
My old 1990 Ranger did the exact same thing , including the wild fluctuations in the tach , it did turn out to be a bad / loose ground
Old 03-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #59
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Oh so your a left lane vigilante. you get to say how much you can speed by?

And speed does NOT kill you. it is the sudden stop that kills you.
!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #60
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FU

If I am already going over the speed limit people should not need to pass me. I would say bad on them for going an excess of over the limit.

Speed kills.

and to pull out the lame reference like you here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWwbAgmE3N4

!