Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

900 miles from home and 2012 tacoma breaks down

Old 04-14-2013, 04:53 AM   #101
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
hope everything works out OP. sub'd for results.

what brings you out here to OKC? which dealer did you take it to? Hudiburg off of I-40 is pretty good and I've had no issues with warranty work out of them.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #102
2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2006KJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
hope everything works out OP. sub'd for results.

what brings you out here to OKC? which dealer did you take it to? Hudiburg off of I-40 is pretty good and I've had no issues with warranty work out of them.
Im in OKC for a month for some job training... really like the area and theres always something cool to do. The truck is going to Jim Norton/Momentum off NE expressway (3). it's the closest to me since im staying over by yukon/mustang.

Tunnel- it would be hard to find the intermittent problem the first time... but this time when it died it did not restart so it's currently dead. hopefully that will help them figure it out.

If this continues to happen and they cant figure it out.. for a 3rd or 4th time.. i'll probably end up processing the lemon law. Disappointing i really like this truck. If they buy it back i'll be buying a ford raptor.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #103
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
process it now!

lemonade!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #104
canucktacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
canucktacoma's Tacoma Gallery
like the concensus,use dealer,warranty should be in effect.just took my 08 to florida/carolinas & back,i've got 143km,on it,,no trouble at all,,could be fuel or bug in electrics,,have dealer hook it up to computer to figure it out,,good luck,trip was over 3000 miles.have 2.7l got around 26mpg for trip.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #105
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
If it does it 1 more time, they have a lemon law to deal with.
All you jerks that did nothing but bitch about his lane choice and nothing about a solution. DON'T POST, keep your horse shit in your head.

I am amazed at how people throw out statements as fact when they are in fact erroneous. The lemon law is not even close to being applied here, much less one more incident.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #106
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds familiar. Have them check the fuel rails.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #107
Farlertwin is on a distinguished road
Farlertwin's Tacoma Gallery
Have you changed your fuel filter or whatever the dealer said you had? My brother's '96 celica has started acting funny and shutting off when it gets warm. If it is cold it starts right up. Once it heats up it dies. May be something similar to your problem. We changed the fuel filter and it seems to have fixed the issue. Don't really get why it fixed it but it did.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #108
2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2006KJ's Tacoma Gallery
got my truck back today. Jim Norton Momentum toyota in OKC was great to deal with. What they figured out was a blown ignition fuse... which makes me feel really stupid because i checked all the fuses under the hood but didnt even think about under the dash. I had my add-a-fuse in with the ignition for my back up camera anytime mod and that has worked great for the last 10k miles... i dont know why all of a sudden it blew a fuse. Just going to throw away the add-a-fuse and hard wire it to a power source now. It was a cheap add-a-fuse from ebay so maybe it just heated up and shorted out? who knows but im glad this is all it was. Seems too good to be true. Im carrying a bunch of spare fuses because i dont think the add-a-fuse was the true problem.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #109
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
eeeesh. that is so weird. agreed on the oddity of blowing a fuse. have they checked alternator output?