Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Desert sand paint job. Opinions?

Old 03-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #21
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
If you do it your are obligated to get black simple wheels and tall skinnies . . .
Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #22
ORTaco09 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
ORTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
Awesome. Do it and post pics.
Yup....this would look sick!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #24
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
do it man. badass color right there
Old 03-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #25
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
Post this in the photoshop request and have someone do that..
Old 03-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #26
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
post a pic of ur truck in the photoshop request thread. honestly i think this would look sick. especially with some off road armor or at least a brush guard and some things like that. but if you do this, DEFINATELY post pics. they also have this color available in plasti-dip if you want to experiment with some parts
Old 03-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #27
koerner6173 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Crew Chief, HMH-466
Name: Cameron
koerner6173's Tacoma Gallery
Those colors are actually patented by the US military and illegal for civilian use. Kindof weird I actually just talked about this at work today. I mean I'm sure you'd get away with it but you never know. That and the aircraft/naval ship color blue/grey
Old 03-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #28
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by koerner6173 View Post
Those colors are actually patented by the US military and illegal for civilian use. Kindof weird I actually just talked about this at work today. I mean I'm sure you'd get away with it but you never know. That and the aircraft/naval ship color blue/grey
can he get away with using a different shade but so close it doesnt really matter?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #29
I mean honestly I would do it myself if I didn't have to drive it on to a Marine Corps base everyday. Probably just depends on if you're in a military town or not really. I'm not sure how strict of a law this is.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #30
Sorry if there was any confusion, but from what I heard its illegal for any personal vehicle usage. Not just civilians
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #31
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Welcome to TW!

I hate to do this after your first post, but . I can find dozens of "eggshell white" equivalents; I'm sure "desert sand" has just as many. Unless the DOD has a bunch of lawyers running around with colorimeters, I think a Tacoma in the official U.S. military color won't attract litigation. As for driving on military installations, I'd imagine any questions would have more to do with the source of the paint and the shop that did it, not the actual color. As long as Uncle Sammy's Paint Shop wasn't involved, I think it'd be fine.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #32
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I mean honestly I would do it myself if I didn't have to drive it on to a Marine Corps base everyday. Probably just depends on if you're in a military town or not really. I'm not sure how strict of a law this is.
No one cares. I'm an MP Platoon Leader and I will guarantee you will never receive an ounce of flack over it.

Someday... once full beater status is achieved, my truck is getting an OD green rattle can paint job.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #33
slingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Matt
slingshot5r's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry.. lame.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #34
black_magic2010 is on a distinguished road

Army: 644th Transcompany/1st I.D.
black_magic2010's Tacoma Gallery
Vinyl wrap it.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:51 AM   #35
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
I've been wanting to do this for a looong time. Maybe a vinyl wrap first, and leave all my accents black.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #36
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
I say do it in the color you want but with a spray in bed liner material instead of just regular paint
Old 03-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #37
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
I see that over in Afghanistan , My brothers ,10th Mountain division have a few bad ass Helix's that are painted in 383 Carc Paint. They look badass. I say go for it. Black out the wheels and that would be the big Sexy Taco.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #38
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
I've been wanting to do this for a looong time. Maybe a vinyl wrap first, and leave all my accents black.
THis.

That color looks sick as fuck! I say go for it.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #39
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
It would look cool as f#@&.
I would be worried about resale value or at least make sure its fully paid for.
Desert sand would look pretty out of place in Canada but I had thoughts about a full olive drab Taco.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #40
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
Yeah but it's glossy. If you're going with an Earth color, it has to be matte. Looks sick.

I would say go for it, OP. Look at this guy's truck with OD Green vinyl wrap, may be an option. But if you're offroading in the brush it may tear.
x2 Like this but your color. It has to be matte.