Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Desert sand paint job. Opinions?

Old 03-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
ajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ajan246's Tacoma Gallery
Desert sand paint job. Opinions?

Hey Guys,

I am thinking about get the tacoma painted a desert sand (desert camo) color. Anyone ever seen a tacoma like this before? Wondering what it would take to get it looking good.

What do you guys think??

Old 03-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome. Do it and post pics.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
OD looks good, so Id imagine this would too.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
phatso is on a distinguished road
phatso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
Awesome. Do it and post pics.
^^^This.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Go for it especially if you cruise in the desert where it makes sense.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
Go for it especially if you cruise in the desert where it makes sense.
I think it'd look great, but I'm not sure if it really makes any sense for anyone outside of law enforcement and smugglers.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #8
ajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ajan246's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I think it'd look great, but I'm not sure if it really makes any sense for anyone outside of law enforcement and smugglers.
Does anything we do to our trucks make sense??
Old 03-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
ajan246's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Paint the rims to match. Or make sure they are black. You could try vinyl wrap
excellent idea.... wheels are spinning..
Old 03-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #10
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Mine will be this color one day. There are a couple 2nd gens out there that have done it.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
The FJ comes in a Tan called Quicksand. I like that or the dark green. Will do one or the other when the time comes in another 5- 10 years.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
The FJ comes in a Tan called Quicksand. I like that or the dark green. Will do one or the other when the time comes in another 5- 10 years.
When I was shopping FJs, those were the two colors I wanted. I'd go for a satin finish, though.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
FPS-a-holic
Fractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Fractured's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I'd go for a satin finish, though.

This for sure
Old 03-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #15
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
Yeah but it's glossy. If you're going with an Earth color, it has to be matte. Looks sick.

I would say go for it, OP. Look at this guy's truck with OD Green vinyl wrap, may be an option. But if you're offroading in the brush it may tear.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Plastidip makes a flat tan. Its available on dipmycar.com I'm hoping to get some and try it out.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #17
tomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: E-4
Name: Tom
tomwilson74's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Dodge Dakota that I painted Olive Drab and put white stars on the hood and doors. I loved it, got lots of "thumbs up" on it. I'll post pictures when I find them.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
Rotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud of

Rotorpilot's Tacoma Gallery
do it !!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #19
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Yeah you can do the plastidip paint job, I think dipyourcar.com has this color. If your gonna do this, you gotta do it all out. Every visible thing should be painted, like they do with military vehicles. Wheels and everything. It would look sweet
Old 03-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #20
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
OP, I see that you have a 2012 Taco. Is this the one that you are going to paint desert camo (your new truck) ...