Notices

Turned the lights on today

Old 03-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
REDLARIAT is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Ryan
REDLARIAT's Tacoma Gallery
Turned the lights on today

Added a Bi Xenon HID Headlight kit today, along with the fog light mod to allow the fogs to be on with the parklights as well as the high beams. Added heated mirror glasses, and wired the mirror turn signal lights to run off of the park and head lamps. Also added some LED license plate lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Turned the lights on today-535846_592943710735519_1270522719_n.jpg   Turned the lights on today-526623_592943747402182_1883186585_n.jpg   Turned the lights on today-261262_592943680735522_85499699_n.jpg   Turned the lights on today-482182_592943800735510_1288940123_n.jpg  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
nice job OP, i want the heated/turn signal mirrors bad. thats def one of the next few things i will add.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
Tomasp21 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tomas
Tomasp21's Tacoma Gallery
got any night pics??
Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Well done.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #5

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasp21 View Post
got any night pics??

Just one. It has started snowing pretty heavy and I have not been back out tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Turned the lights on today-401303_592969984066225_765017820_n.jpg  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
tennisbum132 has a spectacular aura abouttennisbum132 has a spectacular aura about
tennisbum132's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! I just ordered a few LEDs from csjumper and plan on installing them this weekend. How hard was it to do the mirror turn signal mod?
Old 03-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
Need pics of the cutoff on your garage door...
Old 03-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
Tomasp21 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tomas
Tomasp21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLARIAT View Post
Just one. It has started snowing pretty heavy and I have not been back out tonight.
Still looks sick! I am thinking about doing the same to my truck. Especially the fog light mod, it annoys the hell out of me!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #9
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to go HIDs, go for broke and put in a retrofit kit. I do like the foglight anytime though and need to add that to my list of crap that I never have time to do.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #10
GoHuskers is on a distinguished road
GoHuskers's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work. I like your bullbar and stepside too. What are they?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #11
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
love the night shot
Old 03-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cintocrunch View Post
Cutoff with a plug and play HID kit? That's a good one
Old 03-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #13
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Cutoff with a plug and play HID kit? That's a good one
Lol that was my first thought
Old 03-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #14

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskers View Post
Nice work. I like your bullbar and stepside too. What are they?
Thanks. The bull bar is a vanguard from ebay and the step bars come from ebay as well, but I am not sure what brand they are. I searched for months to get step bars as close to the body as possible because I use my truck for work and have to get to remote areas where the truck drags in mud and I did not want to have the step bars dragging.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #15

EMS:
I did not want to spend a fortune for lighting on a Tacoma. The plug and play kit is what I wanted and I am happy with the light it produces.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #16
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Couple questions about the turn signal mirror mod....

1) Do the mirror turn signals still work?

2) How is wiring to the parking lights actually done?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #17
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There isn't one.

Quote:
I did not want to spend a fortune for lighting on a Tacoma. The plug and play kit is what I wanted and I am happy with the light it produces.
Why do people insist on going cheap on one of if not the single most important safety feature on a vehicle?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #18

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
There isn't one.

Why do people insist on going cheap on one of if not the single most important safety feature on a vehicle?
I mean honestly the light output I am getting right now is way better than stock and comparable to my other vehicles I have owned with true HID lighting. Why would I want to spend a big amount of money just to produce close results to what I already have. This is a truck that takes me to work in mud, snow, and slop. Just a little truck, not an 80,000 Escalade. Thats why.

If the plug and play hid messes up then the stock bulbs are in the truck and I will toss them back in.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #19
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLARIAT View Post
I mean honestly the light output I am getting right now is way better than stock and comparable to my other vehicles I have owned with true HID lighting. Why would I want to spend a big amount of money just to produce close results to what I already have. This is a truck that takes me to work in mud, snow, and slop. Just a little truck, not an 80,000 Escalade. Thats why.

If the plug and play hid messes up then the stock bulbs are in the truck and I will toss them back in.
Glad you made it yours.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #20
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If the plug and play hid messes up then the stock bulbs are in the truck and I will toss them back in
You missed the point. Your own safety isn't the only thing affected.