Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is this a good price for 2012? & credit unions?

Old 03-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #21
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
For comparison, last April (2012) I bought a 2011 4X4 TRD sport DCSB with around 10,000 miles for around $26,000. Traded my '06 Frontier ($10,000 equity), so only financed a little over $16,000.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #22
Ghoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Retired
Ghoster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttacoma07 View Post

I was wondering about their car buying program, glad to see you were able to get a great deal thru it.

Thanks for sharing. Anyone dealt with USAA auto insurance?
I have had USAA insurance for Auto and home for about 15 years. The customer service is excellent. The loan rates are competitive, but not always the best. I have purchased 3 cars with the USAA buyers program and financed one with them. The USAA pricing was lower than GM Supplier pricing when I bought my Tahoe.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #23
white08gt is just really nicewhite08gt is just really nicewhite08gt is just really nicewhite08gt is just really nice
Air Force: recip engine mechanic
Name: Al
white08gt's Tacoma Gallery
the price they quoted is to high. you have to figure in usually higher interest rates for a used vehicle, probably going to need new tires soon, I think new would be better. look on Edmunds like someone else said, put in the options listed and mileage, plus look at new prices. usually on Edmunds they show incentives Toyota offers, cash back or lower rates. for me I usually take the cash and put it towards the finance price, then go thru a credit union. end of the month is the time to buy, so go shop around.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #24
firsttacoma07 is on a distinguished road
firsttacoma07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
For comparison, last April (2012) I bought a 2011 4X4 TRD sport DCSB with around 10,000 miles for around $26,000. Traded my '06 Frontier ($10,000 equity), so only financed a little over $16,000.
I'm looking to trade in 06 titan! A small local dealer offered me 7k when I was looking for base access cab couple months ago...would hope a big dealer like Toyota could give a bit more
Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #25
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using USAA for insurance for years. I can't say if they're the cheapest, it's been a long time since I called around. Never had to use them for a real accident but they've helped us fix a couple self inflicted dents with no hassle. Definitely a good company with good customer service. Can't hurt to call and see if they can beat what you have now.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #26
RESIST
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcrna View Post
From a financial perspective, if it takes you 60 to 84 months to pay off a truck loan, then you probably can't afford it.

Not what people like to hear.....but facts are facts.
This is totally dependent on miles driven per year and depreciation of a vehicle. In the example of a tacoma, anyone not driving a ridiculous amount if miles isn't going to be hurt by a 72 month loan. Value will hold and worth of vehicle will be more than the loan payoff.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #27
rickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
rickcrna's Tacoma Gallery
I see some of you have predictably missed my point. If you require a truck loan lasting 60 to 84 months in order to make your payments manageable, then you probably have difficulty regularly contributing to an emergency fund, savings account, retirement, etc.

Arguing about miles driven per year and truck depreciation is nothing more than bloated rationalization....which by the way....is easy to do.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #28
RESIST
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see some of you have predictably missed my point. If you require a truck loan lasting 60 to 84 months in order to make your payments manageable, then you probably have difficulty regularly contributing to an emergency fund, savings account, retirement, etc.

Arguing about miles driven per year and truck depreciation is nothing more than bloated rationalization....which by the way....is easy to do.
This isn't true at all. I had originally gotten a 72 month loan on my tacoma and still have plenty in my savings and continue to put in.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #29
Ghoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Retired
Ghoster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
This isn't true at all. I had originally gotten a 72 month loan on my tacoma and still have plenty in my savings and continue to put in.
He did say probably. That would mean their are exceptions to the statement he is making. That would mean his statement is true, just not all the time!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #30
rickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
rickcrna's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Ghoster! Nice to see another person from Ballamer on here. I was born and raised there. Miss those crab cakes!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #31
aguabonita is on a distinguished road
aguabonita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billstickly1 View Post
toyota is offering 0% on the tacoma right now. I just qualified and picked up a new one on Saturday. That is the way to go for you.

Edit: it is a 3 year loan, dont know if that would work.
Tell me more. Is that region specific? Could I go with that and then pay the whole thing off in a year if I had the means without penalties?
Old 03-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #32
DunhamAll is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
DunhamAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I think people disagree because you are simplifying a situation that is more complex. Maybe one chose to go with a longer term loan to continue making contributions to savings and emergency funds while also leaving flexibility. The option to have a lower payment but periodically pay 1.5 or 2X monthly payments pays off the loan in a time frame you seem to comfortable with. In the end, length of the loan term isn't the issue; your real point is how long it will take a person to pay off the loan completely along with interest rate.

There are an increasing amount of affordable interest option loans with 60+ month terms. I doubt you would argue that my credit union's 1.9% rate would be a bad choice. Couple that with a personal plan to pay off in 4-5 years (4 double payments/yr on a 72 month loan) I think that's a hard to beat deal.