Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

trans loud squeak

Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
tjfriske will become famous soon enoughtjfriske will become famous soon enough
Name: Thomas
tjfriske's Tacoma Gallery
trans loud squeak

I just thought i would share this with everyone maybe see if this has happend to anyone. On my 09 Tacoma with the 6 speed manual has a loud squeak comming from the trans it was getting louder and louder. So finally i just brought it in and they told me the trans needs to be pulled and things need to be replaced. Im not sure what but when i find out i will keep the update. Has anyone had problems with their 6 speed trans?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
It's the Throw out bearing. Do a search here, you'll find loads of info.
Do not let the dealer charge you, they know all about the issue, and just want to milk some money from you.
You can leave it and ignore it, have them fix it their way, which will come back in a few months, or get the kit from urd that stops it completely.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you already dropped it off? Seriously, if I were you, I would buy the kit and since they already have the transmission apart, have them put it in. It will save you lots of money in the long run.

Might be too late, but check this out:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...utch-kits.html
Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
tjfriske will become famous soon enoughtjfriske will become famous soon enough
Name: Thomas
tjfriske's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i just got it back and they didnt charge me anything so i will see if this issue comes back that URD kit looks really nice. Thanks for the help.