Notices

Trying to decide on a new grille

Old 03-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
MGMKevin is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
MGMKevin's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to decide on a new grille

Hi all,
I have a 2011 MGM tacoma SR 5 4x4 and Im trying to black out the chrome rear bumper, wheels (the stock 16" once) and the chrome grille. A friend suggested Rhino Lining for the rear bumper and wheels, but Im trying to see what color would go good with the grille and what kind of pattern. Im trying to decide on just getting a regular blacked out trd sport grille, black billet grille, or a satoshi. Would love to hear some suggestion, and wouldnt mind buying off from another member if the price is right!

Thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
I personally like the satoshi grill, but that may sound biased because I have one. I don't know about the rhino lining on the wheels. May look weird, but its your truck so do as you please. You could have them powder coated. I've also considered a painted bumper but I think I would scratch it too much.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Rhino lining the wheels if not careful will throw the balance off....
Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
MGMKevin is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
MGMKevin's Tacoma Gallery
With the balance being off, would it be something that could be corrected with balancing from like les schwab? or something that would be persistent? I also looked into painting the wheels, but anyone have any ball park guess of how much it would cost? I think satoshi looks great on Tacoma's, the only trouble is Im having a hard time looking for them. I tried ebay and surfed through the for sale ads here, but no dice :/
Old 03-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMKevin View Post
With the balance being off, would it be something that could be corrected with balancing from like les schwab? or something that would be persistent? I also looked into painting the wheels, but anyone have any ball park guess of how much it would cost? I think satoshi looks great on Tacoma's, the only trouble is Im having a hard time looking for them. I tried ebay and surfed through the for sale ads here, but no dice :/
Painting the wheels will cost you the price of a few cans of wheel paint, some scotch brite pads and your time. I did my daughters for under $25.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:47 AM   #7
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Your having a hard time finding the satoshi grill because they are custom made. There is some write ups on this site to build your own. There is some guys on here that will build them for you. I used the write up and made mine.