Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Damage from deer

Old 03-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #22
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Yes

Too many humans

If we didn't encroach on their natural habitats, they wouldn't be forced into a smaller area to become ''overpopulated''. Wolves or not, they have many natural predators. Like rack hungry hunters. Sorry if I offend, I generalize as there are a large amount of people in our area who hunt strictly for the trophy to put on their wall. Not directed at you OZ, at jimmyh. Guess I should've quoted him, not you.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:54 AM   #23
Jes2618 is on a distinguished road
Jes2618's Tacoma Gallery
No insurance paid for all the parts but i had to pay to have all the parts painted black. Insurance actually made out because the chrome grill cost more the just the plain black plastic and since paint doesnt stick very well to chrome the shop ordered the black one , saving insurance company a few bucks. All together paint and labor for the items painted black was $300. Pro tech out of stafford va was where work was done. Great set of guys over there
Old 03-27-2013, 03:59 AM   #24
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
The painted valence and grill looks great, a nice subtle touch!!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #25
bluedust is on a distinguished road
Name: Patrick
bluedust's Tacoma Gallery
That, "encroach on their natural habitats" might be true, only I live only 15 minutes from Downtown Pittsburgh, next to a 700 acre woodland that sits directly above the Monongahela River.

Coyotes have been appearing all through Allegheny County, but not so many as to decrease the numbers of deer, also 45% of their diet is cats.

The preferred habitat of the Whitetail is very similar to what is provided by yards on the edge of woodlands.

Working as a Horticulturalist, I am familiar with their diets all to well.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:16 AM   #26
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
For all you deer people : Do those deer horns work that they sell in walmart ?????
Old 03-27-2013, 05:14 AM   #27
DunhamAll is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
DunhamAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
If we didn't encroach on their natural habitats, they wouldn't be forced into a smaller area to become ''overpopulated''. Wolves or not, they have many natural predators. Like rack hungry hunters. Sorry if I offend, I generalize as there are a large amount of people in our area who hunt strictly for the trophy to put on their wall. Not directed at you OZ, at jimmyh. Guess I should've quoted him, not you.
Sorry, you're so anti hunting; but I think you're a little misunderstood by all of it.

Those "rack hungry hunters" also serve a purpose in that the male runs around getting all those does pregnant. Removing an adult male from the population early in the rut can potentially stop 7+ new offspring next season. On the other hand killing 1 doe only takes 1 potential new offspring out of the mix. Remove the mature males and you control population better. But yes, to an extent, you are correct, over populated areas need the doe population thinned as well however there are many areas in this country that Doe hunting is illegal. This concept and others supporting laws surrounding the restriction of Doe hunts. Also, I am not, nor do I support hunting solely for trophy, but getting a true trophy buck is a harder hunt as that guy is a survivor. For the most part its about the hunt, not the trophy to get a 8 point + buck.

Back on topic:

Hey OP. Do you know what color code was used for the black on your valence and grill? Did the shop anticipate any issues with the paint sticking to those plastic areas? That looks really slick and I want to get mine done now.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:01 AM   #28
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunhamAll View Post
Sorry, you're so anti hunting; but I think you're a little misunderstood by all of it.

Those "rack hungry hunters" also serve a purpose in that the male runs around getting all those does pregnant. Removing an adult male from the population early in the rut can potentially stop 7+ new offspring next season. On the other hand killing 1 doe only takes 1 potential new offspring out of the mix. Remove the mature males and you control population better. But yes, to an extent, you are correct, over populated areas need the doe population thinned as well however there are many areas in this country that Doe hunting is illegal. This concept and others supporting laws surrounding the restriction of Doe hunts. Also, I am not, nor do I support hunting solely for trophy, but getting a true trophy buck is a harder hunt as that guy is a survivor. For the most part its about the hunt, not the trophy to get a 8 point + buck.

Back on topic:

Hey OP. Do you know what color code was used for the black on your valence and grill? Did the shop anticipate any issues with the paint sticking to those plastic areas? That looks really slick and I want to get mine done now.
Pm'd ya.