Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OME LIFT installed by the Dealership!!

Old 04-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #42
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by liferider View Post
no warranty issues since the dealership is doing the install. What do you guys think
I don't think that's true, actually. Warranty on the parts would be whatever OME offers. Warranty on the labor would be standard shop warranty (which varies by state), i.e. something like 90 days / 3000 mi. If in 4 years your front diff bearing goes bad, Toyota can refuse to cover it under the powertrain warranty because you had an aftermarket lift installed.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #43
Crydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Crydaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
I don't think that's true, actually. Warranty on the parts would be whatever OME offers. Warranty on the labor would be standard shop warranty (which varies by state), i.e. something like 90 days / 3000 mi. If in 4 years your front diff bearing goes bad, Toyota can refuse to cover it under the powertrain warranty because you had an aftermarket lift installed.
This......I asked my dealer which does the install as well and they said the same thing.