Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Black emblems

Old 03-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
SoCal909 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
SoCal909's Tacoma Gallery
Black emblems

Where can I buy black emblems from the factory I have them Plasti dipped but I would like to get all the emblems done black professionally the most I can find is front emblem and side Tacoma emblems.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
evl21 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: B
evl21's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Tacom...0368fd&vxp=mtr
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Why not remove your badges and have them done professionally instead of buying new?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Buy the ones for the x-runner. They are color matched.

Part # for BSP (black sand pearl) is 75427-04020-C0

They are super easy to paint though bro. Use some plastic primer and satin, gloss of flat black paint, whichever you prefer.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Navy:
I tried painted the emblems on my past Tacoma and they kept chipping after a couple months I plasti dipped the ones I have now and they're holding up good but I would just rather get ones that I won't ever really have to worry about. Tactical Tacoma I thought about getting the x runner badges but the don't have all of the ones I need
Old 03-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
You need to use better materials and prep better for the paint then. How do you think Toyota gets them colored? They aren't formed that way. They have to paint them as well.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #7
Navy:
I understand that but I'm not a painter I would rather get them done professionally or buy new
Old 03-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #8
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You dont have to be a painter. Follow some easy steps and you will be golden.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #9
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
You dont have to be a painter. Follow some easy steps and you will be golden.
Or, instead of arguing with him about painting his own badges, you could either post up useful information to help answer his question, or stop posting in his thread.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #10
03 TERMINATOR is on a distinguished road

Name: Gregg
03 TERMINATOR's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the ones for the XRunner and they look awesome. They did cost about $33 each. The part number above is for the Black Sand Pearl badges as mentioned and I think that if you change the 0 on the end of the part number to a 1 they are just gloss black. My pickup is MGM so the gloss black badges look great. I am with you that I do not want to repaint them later so O.E.M. is a good option
Old 03-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #11
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 TERMINATOR View Post
I bought the ones for the XRunner and they look awesome. They did cost about $33 each. The part number above is for the Black Sand Pearl badges as mentioned and I think that if you change the 0 on the end of the part number to a 1 they are just gloss black. My pickup is MGM so the gloss black badges look great. I am with you that I do not want to repaint them later so O.E.M. is a good option
$33 for EACH badge?????
Old 03-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #12
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
did they laugh at you when you bought them?
Old 03-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #13
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
$33 for EACH badge?????
gotta pay the price if you want it from the factory.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #14
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
$33 for EACH badge?????
How much does SockMonkey charge to print off his graphics again? Which do you suppose requires more resources - printing on a sticker, or creating a 3 dimensional badge?
Old 03-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
How much does SockMonkey charge to print off his graphics again? Which do you suppose requires more resources - printing on a sticker, or creating a 3 dimensional badge?
Sock doesnt do stickers anymore. If the OP wants more info on the painting side he can ask for that. Settle your horses. I wasnt being demeaning to him. I qas saying that anyone with some proper help can paint some badges. Right now he is looking for new ones.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #16
03 TERMINATOR is on a distinguished road

Name: Gregg
03 TERMINATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Ya Steeds they laughed at me. What kind of dumb a$$ question is that?
Old 03-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #17
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 TERMINATOR View Post
Ya Steeds they laughed at me. What kind of dumb a$$ question is that?
a pretty logical one if you ask me
plasti dip can-19.95 +30 min of time if that.

33.00 a decal x....how many did you buy? :P

im no painter but i plasti diped my front grill in a matter of 2-3 hours..thats just taking off the grill/inner grill. clean. spray 3 layers and reassemble.
but i'd not go buy a black grill for im sure 200-300 bucks :P

lighten up spazzy.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #18
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: james
SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Sock doesnt do stickers anymore. If the OP wants more info on the painting side he can ask for that. Settle your horses. I wasnt being demeaning to him. I qas saying that anyone with some proper help can paint some badges. Right now he is looking for new ones.
Dang really i was about to pull the trigger on some side emblems too... I need them larger because the previous owner either side swiped somethan or got keyed up. I lean toward the latter, because the car fax was clean. When i debadged and took off the pin stripe i discovered stage 1 paint on the left side and some major scratches/bad adhesive on the underside of the door emblem. Got a quote from a local paint shop to redo the side and it is 2500 bucks.. ill just cover them back up for less than 50.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #19
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
and painting is rather easy OP sand, prime, paint, clear, and oven for over kill if ya want
Old 03-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #20
I'd rather be fishing..

SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
Or, instead of arguing with him about painting his own badges, you could either post up useful information to help answer his question, or stop posting in his thread.
ntilehman gives damn good advice and stand up guy. He changed my mind about buying a color matched rear bumper and told me how i should go about painting the chrome. AND HE paints for a living btw. Will be tackling this project head on soon.