Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

BAMF Lightbar

Old 03-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
ThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ThomasMore66's Tacoma Gallery
BAMF Lightbar

I'm a little new to the forum, but I've quickly become convinced that LED is the way to go. I just placed an order for a BAMF behind-the-grill light bar with the LED extensions. I have a 2013 TRD OR and I'm just curious if anyone else has had to relocated the horns or the cooler in front of the radiator in order to accommodate lights.

Also, have you had any vibration with your LED mounted on the down-bars?

Pics are always nice...
Old 03-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure you will need to relocate both to run LED's but I'm not totally sure where they are on the 2012+
Old 03-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore View Post
Had one for a while now. There is no vibration issues, and I have a few hung on there. I did move my horns.

Thats looks awesome! Why i'm i just seeing this. I like the idea of turning the LED brackets
Old 03-27-2013, 04:31 AM   #8
claymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
claymore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Thats looks awesome! Why i'm i just seeing this. I like the idea of turning the LED brackets
It was the only way I could make it fit right. Thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:01 AM   #9
ThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I hadn't thought of turning the bars either! So, now I'm psyched. I need the BAMF bar in my hot little hands so I can finalize the install. I still don't have the LED's, but I have lots of ideas. I figure once I start putting pieces together clarity will come. If not, I'll add some alcohol and then I'm sure it will all fit. The lower mount for the horns is another good idea.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #10

I got the light bar and it looks better in person than it did in pictures. Then there's the whole BAMF thing cut into the top... I've been out test fitting - need to be left alone for a little while so I can get it installed. Then I have to decide what lights I want.

Is there another set-up like the spod? This seems like the cleanest way to get multiple lights installed: http://www.4x4spod.com/product_p/800-000-000.htm. This is something else I didn't know existed until TW. You guys are geniuses.