Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

out with the mods list, in with hit and run repairs

Old 03-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
MRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bucky
MRJ's Tacoma Gallery
out with the mods list, in with hit and run repairs

Was all ready to pull the trigger on lift, wheels and tires... then my truck was hit last night in work parking lot. Nobody saw it (I didnt even notice it til today in the daylight) and they took off without leaving info. Needless to say, I'll be on the lookout for a white/light colored car with front left bumper damage.

After an uninsured, suspended licensed d-bag rearended me 2 days after purchase, my insurance covered repairs. Was hit 2 more times that first month while parked. The brakes just werent right after rearended, but everything checked out. Two month mark- brakes, what brakes? Rearended a Jeep Commander when they quit. Insurance paid to repair again. $17k+.... 15 years without a claim, buy a new vehicle and I swear its got a target on it. If I place another claim, they'll likely drop me.

So, instead of lift, wheels and tires I get to replace bedside and brackets, straighten the bumper, reopen tailpipe and hope all the plastics are intact.

My question to you, Tacoma World, how difficult is it to replace a fender/bedside?

Thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
Chatt x is on a distinguished road
Chatt x's Tacoma Gallery
Damn the luck! The bed side just unbolts. No welding required I believe. My 2007 does.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I would say is time for a high clearance rear bumper!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
That's it?? ^^^^^^that^^^^^
Old 03-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Thats it? That lil dent is stopping you from mods?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
MRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MRJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I would say is time for a high clearance rear bumper!
Definitely want/need some armor, but cant see cuttin it up yet. Especially since it likely wont see anything too extreme.

Chatt x- thanks, finding pretty much exactly that. Guess I'll have to order parts and just see what/how long it takes. Suspect painting will hurt the most.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Take it to a repair shop and have em push it out and buff it out. Some paint if needed. You don't need a whole new bedside for a dent/scratch.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
MRJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Thats it? That lil dent is stopping you from mods?
Mod money comes slowly. Now its goin to repairs. Little dent creased the panel. Tailgate is contacting the bedside. Paint is separating. Taillight doesnt fit right. Flare doesnt fit. Mudflap's torn off. Bumper's twisted a bit (least of my worries).

I guess after dropping a crap ton of money on a new truck, I'd like it to look nice.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 AM   #9
scottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the rough
Army: 1BCT, 101 ABN DIV
Name: Scott
scottw1's Tacoma Gallery
So, you either pay 12-1500 yourself or pay your 500 deductable and worst case you change insurance companies. If you were hit, they should not drop you even w/ prior claims. I'd pay the deductable, get it fixed, and still have money for some, not all, of your mods.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:01 AM   #10
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Also don't replace the exhaust, just chop it before the axle! Should save some money.