Question on Mud Flaps

View Poll Results: Mud Flaps or no Mud Flaps
Yeah, keep them on 49 39.52%
No way, remove those suckers 38 30.65%
It depends 37 29.84%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #21
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
ive seen a few trucks where the flaps on the 2nd gen's, which are very stiff, come down on something and rip the entire fender flare off. so trimming them will help.. they also move in the wind and begin to cut into the paint..
yes you will get rockchips if you take them off..
best bet is to do what you want.. which frying pan is best?
I took my fronts off.. and left my rears on.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
No no no, you guys are all wrong.

Buy a first gen, they come with flexible mudflaps.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #24
Texas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Recruiter
Texas Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like how far down the front mudflaps hang down so I used to just have my rear mudflaps on, but decided to trim all 4 about 4 inches or so and install the fronts as well. I offroad moderately and consider it a decent compromise plus I like the way it looks. I run 265/75R16 BFG AT's with 4.5 backspacing and have no rubbing issues with them. If I were to go up to a 285 I'd probably have to remove the fronts. This setup works fine for me. Just like others have said, it all depends mostly on how you plan to use your truck.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #25
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
I vote on but you wouldn't have a problem selling them. I know the drivers behind you would appreciate them on along with some law enforcement.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #26
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Just trim them

Here is how i did it. have had no problems since:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...flap-trim.html
Old 03-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #27
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
or it everyone is worried about flexibility and paint damage etc..look at this website.
as i said had them on my subaru and were amazing.never crack. can use them for city driving or off roading cause thy will just bend effortlessly if theres a rock or ground there.

http://rallyarmor.com
Old 03-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #28
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeds View Post
or it everyone is worried about flexibility and paint damage etc..look at this website.
as i said had them on my subaru and were amazing.never crack. can use them for city driving or off roading cause thy will just bend effortlessly if theres a rock or ground there.

http://rallyarmor.com

yea, I might very well do something like that in the future.. someone else on here did it recently and it turned out great.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #30

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
yea, I might very well do something like that in the future.. someone else on here did it recently and it turned out great.
yea man you can get different colours if thats your thing also...just to match up the truck colours. or have flaps that stand out and get bright colours.

but where my 2011 sti was low to the ground..in the alberta (canada) weather i didn't want it to be cold as fuck out and hit a speed bump or hole or what ever and bust mud flaps...so came across this company and was amazing. 280.00 for a set of 4 flaps and about 20-30 min to slap them on. done deal.
(if you have a hoist then it'll be alot faster)
Old 03-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #32
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
My rear ones are on. Only removed the fronts because my tires rubbed.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #33
Bad Spuller

Quote:
yea man you can get different colours if thats your thing also...just to match up the truck colours. or have flaps that stand out and get bright colours.

but where my 2011 sti was low to the ground..in the alberta (canada) weather i didn't want it to be cold as fuck out and hit a speed bump or hole or what ever and bust mud flaps...so came across this company and was amazing. 280.00 for a set of 4 flaps and about 20-30 min to slap them on. done deal.

wooow $280... meh.. ill pass.. getting sliders soon.. they should help.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #34

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wooow $280... meh.. ill pass.. getting sliders soon.. they should help.
haha yea they aren't cheap but they are def worth it if not wanting stock products
or on ebay.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #36
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Mud flaps are so cool, Nissan puts them front of the wheels, too.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #37
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
WRONG! the edge of the mud flap and rub the pain off the flair! There is pic in other threads to prove that it can happen. So people that say it can are not morons. I had very slight and small marks on my finder fairs when i took mine off.
It's nothing compared to what can happen to your paint without mudflaps (or ones that are too short):

Old 03-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #39
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:

There is a much cheaper option:
http://www.rokblokz.com/store/#!/~/c...=0&sort=normal

My mini-review:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post6647418
Old 03-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #40
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
If you're not off-roading at all leave them on. If you do a little, trim them a few inches. If you decide to go off all the time, take the off. Like several others have already said, they protect more on than off under normal conditions.

As always, just my 2 cents.