It depends 37 29.84%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #41
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post

if that was the case i'd just make my own mud flaps out of that material..or something similar. but which ever is easier for the guy. just thought of the rally armor flaps but those would do just as good too...well maybe some extra cutting cause they are too square.and bulky
Old 03-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #42
MadMan is on a distinguished road

MadMan's Tacoma Gallery
Trim the front ones 3-4" and call it good.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #43
Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Signal Corps
monkeyface's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
^^^ What Jaime said and did. The RokBlokz flaps are flexible and come with the proper mounting hardware. You can get some flexible universals like Plasticolor or Rally Armor, but then you have to fool around drilling them, making some spacers for behind the flaps, etc.

RokBlokz come with all the mounting hardware for $120 for a set of four, easy to install with an offset screwdriver.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #44
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Trim...

Old 04-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #45
gnstalodz is on a distinguished road
gnstalodz's Tacoma Gallery
Leave them on. Last thing I need biking is rocks flying towards me b/c someone thinks their truck looks cooler w.o them. Keep them on so it looks more like a truck, and its the right thing to do.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #46
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Why is there a law for flaps on trucks, but not SUV's?
Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #47
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnstalodz View Post
Leave them on. Last thing I need biking is rocks flying towards me b/c someone thinks their truck looks cooler w.o them. Keep them on so it looks more like a truck, and its the right thing to do.

bikes should stay off the roads.. its the right thing to do..
Old 04-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #48
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
This.. Cyclists are DB's. You cant be a pedestrian and a motorist, make a fucking choice-- you dont get the best of both worlds.

About the mud flaps.. I took the fronts off and left the backs on. I lost my front right one the first weekend I had my truck, on an ATV trail.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
biking I've dodged rocks the size of quarters flaying at me at 70mph, while I'm going 70mph.
Attached Thumbnails
Question on Mud Flaps-imag0480.jpg  
Old 04-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #50
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
I left my rears on until my tires/flex ripped one off...so I voted leave them until they decide to leave you
Old 04-12-2013, 04:23 AM   #51
OldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud of

Army: Desert Storm Vet.
Name: Adam
OldGeezer42's Tacoma Gallery
Trim,Trim, I have mine due to the fact I run a lot of gravel roads and want to leave paint on steps and rocker panels,but a nice trimming will make them look better and they won't flap in the wind.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #52
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Mine came off, I liked the look with out them. All the other pickups I have owned never had mud flaps.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valsmere View Post
Mine came off, I liked the look with out them. All the other pickups I have owned never had mud flaps.
thanks for the rocks and cracked windshields.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #54
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I trimmed 4" off the front & 1" off the rear because they were dragging off road when stock.
Now with 33" tires & 3" lift I wish I hadn't trimmed them.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #55
rtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
rtn1911's Tacoma Gallery
I trimmed the front to be the same distance from the ground as the rears. Look better, and they haven't been ripped off yet.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #56
Three Tacomas Deep
ScudRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Erik
ScudRunner's Tacoma Gallery
After reading this thread, I walked out to the garage with a straight edge, a marker and some tin snips. 10 minutes later, my front flaps were 4 inches shorter.

Looks so much better.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #57
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
I trimmed 4" off the front & 1" off the rear because they were dragging off road when stock.
Interesting how well the mud spray pattern matches the expected dimensions:

I'm surprised you don't rub with 33" tires, though.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #58
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

255's
Old 04-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #59
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
255's
With 4.5" BS. Better for looks & stability, worse for mud spray.
If I hadn't trimmed 4" off the front it might not have hit the doors.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #60
B DIRT is on a distinguished road

Name: John
B DIRT's Tacoma Gallery
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger

You haven't had any new mods lately, and I have a set with 5 miles on them if you need them...