Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Truck stuck in park

Old 03-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
sportzman0 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
sportzman0's Tacoma Gallery
Truck stuck in park

So I started up my truck and it will not shift into gear. On my dash, it doesn't even show the parking break gear light. I am not able to move it out of gear. Any help please
Old 03-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
RESIST
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
There should be a lock override release somewhere near your shifter. Should have a small plastic cover that comes off and you put a screw driver in it to override the shifter lock. Try this and see what happens.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You most likely have a blown brake light fuse. Not sure if that's under the hood or behind the change tray, should be in the owner's manual. Any aftermarket wiring out back? We had a third brake light wire to the campershell get pinched and do this same thing on one of our work trucks.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
RESIST
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Or do you mean the shifter moves but the truck won't go into gear?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
Used the override and now I can move. Shifter wouldnt go in gear and move
Old 03-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
RESIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzman0 View Post
Used the override and now I can move. Shifter wouldnt go in gear and move
If this is working, then the switch under your brake pedal isn't sending a signal to the lock release.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
RESIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
You most likely have a blown brake light fuse. Not sure if that's under the hood or behind the change tray, should be in the owner's manual. Any aftermarket wiring out back? We had a third brake light wire to the campershell get pinched and do this same thing on one of our work trucks.
Like he said.
I would check fuses when you get a chance.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
FPS-a-holic
Fractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Fractured's Tacoma Gallery
Lightly press the brake and listen for a "click" by the shifter. If you hear one then you have some mechanical issue. If you don't, the interlock isn't releasing.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #10
Ok would that just be the fuse? Or do I need to take to Toyota. I'll try the taillights fuse didn't think of that but my taillights work along with my brake lights just not my blinkers
Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #11
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Lol I read the title and went, "did they close the gate? How'd this guy get stuck in a park?!"

I don't have anything helpful to say either. That was it.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #12
Spitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Spitz Stang's Tacoma Gallery
Check the fuse labeled "IGN1" under the dash. Same thing happened to me. One of my LED backup lights shorted out and blew this fuse on mine. Before going to the dealer I found the thread below and this fixed the problem.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ore-fixed.html
Old 03-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #13
Thank you everyone it was the.ign1 fuse. Fixed it now I have my engine light on and 2 other lights on my dash 1 is airbag and only is swerve thing. How do u reset them
Old 03-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #14
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Lol I read the title and went, "did they close the gate? How'd this guy get stuck in a park?!"

I don't have anything helpful to say either. That was it.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #15
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
thanks to this thread, wasnt stuck long today with the jetski. just glad it was at the gas station and not the boatramp....lol

stupid trailer lights.....