1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

car alarm/theif?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by teamamerica, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Mar 30, 2013 at 3:33 AM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    Get yourself a motion triggered still camera like a deer cam and set it up to catch whatever/whoever is triggering it. Unless it is some other anomaly

2. Mar 30, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    XPOTRPR

XPOTRPR CNC Programmer/Machinist

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    [2009 Supercharged Adventuretruck] & [1986 22r Minitruck]
    > BUILD LINKS >
    Its me. I drive by every morning. Hump your truck. Then run to the bushes.

3. Mar 30, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    KeavyD

KeavyD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KeavyD
    SATX
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Pro Comp Nitro 3" Lift TRD Skid Plate Predator Step Bars TRD Exhaust TRD Antenna BFG T/A KO2 275/70/17 XD Monster 2 Wheels TRD Shift Knob Tacoma Door Seals Toyota Devil Horns TRD Grill Badge TRD 3rd Brake Light Cover Red Toyota Devil Horns
    I had that same problem with my Viper alarm on my 2009 Tacoma it would go off around 3 am on Wednesdays my wife told me it was the bewitching hour lol. I took it back to the alarm place and they said they fixed it but sure enough it would happen again. I'm not sure what model it was and I no longer have my 2009 but I just wanted to chime in and let you know it probably the alarm. I would always go out and no one was there or any animals.

4. Mar 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    teamamerica

teamamerica [OP] Get off your horse and drink your milk.

Member:
    Wy
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    none yet
    thanks man, i camped it out last night to see what was doing it, but of course the one friday i camp it out, it doesn't goes off. i'll take it to the dealership this weekend.

5. Apr 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    teamamerica

Member:
    Wy
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    none yet
    update well, i'm pretty sure it was someone trying to break into it. one night i had a friend come over and we waited for it to go off. we ran outside searched the property and found nothing. then hopped in the truck and drove to the main road to see if there were any cars sitting on the side of the road (about 1mile long dirt road. one entrance, one exit) and found nothing. so we turned around and were heading back when a red SUV flew past us and had their high beams on when they got close and wouldn't cut them off when i flashed them. so we went back to the house and continued a little past my house to find where they had pulled off about 100M past my house. my friend left the house a few hours later and saw the car driving away from the dirt road again with his lights off. haven't had the issue since. (turns out, my neighbor had the same issue and thought it was their alarm as well).

6. Apr 23, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    hakabo

hakabo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Concord, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 urban runner 4x4
    So that sounds like a problem... I'd check more with the neighbor.

7. Apr 23, 2013 at 7:32 PM
    teamamerica

Member:
    Wy
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    none yet
    yeah, the neighbor actually came over to talked to me about it, he was pretty worried about it himself, he said he shot a couple shots in the air the last time it happened to him (about the same time as me) and it hasnt happened since either. i went to the police department and they said they'll try to make more rounds here if they can. cant really do much beyond this point except see if it ever happens again. i'll just make sure i block the vehicle if it's on the road and get their plates. i plan on getting some kind of camera one of these days as well, but 2 weeks has passed and not a single issue.

8. Apr 23, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    Jux

Jux :D

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2013 V6 4x4 SW DCSB TRD OR
    My father-in-law recently got himself a wireless security system for his house. Motion triggers flood lights and video recording, and I don't think he paid too much ... could be worth a hard look given these developments.

9. Apr 23, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    Jetman1979

Jetman1979 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma 4X4
    Might be a animal that is setting it off a coyote or something. Maybe a rabbit.

10. Apr 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    Tacoma VT

Tacoma VT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    R. Kessler
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD sport
    OME 884s, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Icon 3 leaf progressive AAL (with overload in), Rear leaf TSB, ImMrYo mirror relocater, ARE Z series cap, Hi Lift jack W/ DIY mount, trimmed Mud Flaps, Devil Horns by Andres, EGR In-Channel rain guards, LED bed lights, Weather Techs
    Make sure you get a infrared game camera wothout a flash indicator, or put black electrical tape over the light. Thats crazy they didn't hit it the night you were in the bushes. Good luck, be safe. :infantry:

Products Discussed in

To Top