Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

On Discover Channel now: "World's Toughest Drive"

Old 03-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #21
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Uh! Im watching some guy here in Canada looking for a missing dog. Thats not the right show.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #22
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Mines set to record at 9.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #24
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
"I know what I want to be when I grow up" says my Tacoma..lol
Old 03-31-2013, 12:13 AM   #25
lpfm1990 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
lpfm1990's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lpfm1990
my taco is jelous now, all thou mine did see -20*f this year, started just fine in it!!!! little sluggish, but she got running, power steering pump voiced itself for about 30 seconds thou, ive got picture evidence too of it being a warm -20!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:30 AM   #26
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
So they are basically jumping with a stock suspension but balloon tires?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_YQEY8DFxY
Old 03-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #28
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg256 View Post
Haven't seen it, but still love this^^^
Freakin awesome. How can I make my truck sound like this? Supercharger with straight pipes or exhaust cutout?
Old 03-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #29
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
damn, miss it last night. any chance they'll do a rerun?
Old 03-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #30
Toy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Tom
Toy4me's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
So they are basically jumping with a stock suspension but balloon tires?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_YQEY8DFxY
Give you one guess how it works out for them.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #31
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^It even shows in the trailer they broke something.

Interestingly, this show was produced a year ago. I see it posted on Usenet:
http://binsearch.info/viewNFO.php?oid=84063954&server=

Took a screenshot of the download:

Note the position of the 4WD selector: H4. Their final drive ratio must be very short then.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #32
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Stock suspension except for red-bodied shock and probably stiffer springs. They broke the LCA at the bushing lug.

Kinda surprised they didn't bend the spindle.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #33
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely a good show I thought, especially if you like Tacomas. Some of the breakdowns were very interesting. The cracked wheel being explained as the disc caliper being sucked into the wheel was "interesting" to me to say the least. The "heavily" modified truck using mostly stock front suspension parts.... The cracked aluminum spacer and misc other front end suspension/frame cracks, then the stock LCA which unwrapped from around the bushing. Sounds like whoever did the suspension mods needs to spend some time talking to some of our Suspension/off-road guys. Adding that much tire, wheel, and lift to essentially stock suspension components,,, even I know better then that.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #34
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you invest SO much and spend '3 years preparing the truck' and then leave all the stock suspension components? Aftermarket components that are SO much stronger are relatively cheap and readily available can be slapped on in no time at all and dramatically increase reliability for this sort of expedition. That coupled with the fact that they had not only NO spare tire/wheel on the truck but not even at base camp makes me wonder if these fellas had ever done anything like this at all. Pretty poor planning for taking 3 years IMO.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #35
zackn291 is on a distinguished road

Name: Zack
zackn291's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 04-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #36
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
not seeing it listed and I have direct tv and see no listings...anyone point me in right direction so I can record it
Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #37
MaxQ is on a distinguished road
MaxQ's Tacoma Gallery
I happened to catch this on discovery Saturday night. Pretty amazing that a small truck like the Tacoma to have all that weight on it. I was surprised to see the stock suspension with those monster tires. No wonder they had so many break downs. Would be cool to see Jesse James or one of these professional offroad outfits now shatter the new record with a Tacoma properly outfitted.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #39
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 04-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #40
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Why would you invest SO much and spend '3 years preparing the truck' and then leave all the stock suspension components? Aftermarket components that are SO much stronger are relatively cheap and readily available can be slapped on in no time at all and dramatically increase reliability for this sort of expedition. That coupled with the fact that they had not only NO spare tire/wheel on the truck but not even at base camp makes me wonder if these fellas had ever done anything like this at all. Pretty poor planning for taking 3 years IMO.
If we could get a group together to do this I would totally be in. Mechanic or driver or shit I'll shovel the thing outta the snow if it gets stuck.