-15*f to -19*f 74 8.89%
-20*f to -24*f 64 7.69%
-25*f and colder 167 20.07%
hell i dont know, it was f'en cold 26 3.13%
didnt start 1 0.12%
f the cold, i live where its warm!!!! 140 16.83%
Voters: 832. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #21
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ha! Damn, good luck with that...even thinking about how cold that would feel on my skin makes me feel cold.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #22
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
How many of you reporting really cold temps have block heaters? I'm getting ready to move to Anchorage and not sure if I really need one or not. We never used them in upstate NY where I grew up.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #23
Chris b.
western88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
western88's Tacoma Gallery
I cant recall how cold it was this past jan. certainly start up no problem.. but sure creek and moan pulling out of the driveway. the shifting the gear was a choir.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #24
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
-26F° was the coldest here thus past winter. Ill admit though, my truck parks in the garage. It was probably around -10° in there.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:37 AM   #25
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
Low 20's last winter on Orcas Island. Had zero problems.

-40????? Alexander, that's amazing. How do you go about your daily routine with it that cold?
Old 03-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #26
TanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to all

Name: James
TanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
58 degrees for me. And that was fricken freezing mr. Bigglesworth!

Coldest for me was probably right around -30* Fahrenheit.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:59 AM   #27
TanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to all

Name: James
TanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
How many of you reporting really cold temps have block heaters? I'm getting ready to move to Anchorage and not sure if I really need one or not. We never used them in upstate NY where I grew up.
I have one, always forgot to plug it in when it did get real cold over the winter, never seemed to phase the truck though, she always started right up.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:28 AM   #28
scottg918514 is on a distinguished road
scottg918514's Tacoma Gallery
-9 in my FJ, same engine and tranny (manual). The clutch pedal was a little tough.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #29
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPryanik View Post
haha, maximum on thermometer -40С
/thread

I think the coldest i've started in would have to be like 20*F or something like that. South FTMFW!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #30
Do or Do not there is no try.
Toyoda Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Toyoda Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
-45 C with wind chill it was -53 C
Old 03-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #31
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has seen the teens and started right up. In nc we don't see much worse than that.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #32
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
Mine has seen the teens and started right up. In nc we don't see much worse than that.
mine may have been in the mid 20's

Starting the tractor was a different story though. It was all like blub blub blurbble blubub blub when it fired
Old 03-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #33
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious of wind chill factor has any effect on the startup temperature. It's easily been much lower than that -40 in SD and ND before with wind chill, but I'm not sure how much that matters to an engine as much as to me out shoveling and scraping windows.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #34
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
I think I've started this truck in as low as 50F. It was a bit scary to actually walk outside in my flip flops and bathing suit...

Previous tacoma I've gotten close to 0F tho...was a bit rough being a FL truck, but it did fine...
Old 03-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #35
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I'm curious of wind chill factor has any effect on the startup temperature. It's easily been much lower than that -40 in SD and ND before with wind chill, but I'm not sure how much that matters to an engine as much as to me out shoveling and scraping windows.
Wind chill doesn't affect machinery - just us humans. It will cool down a warm engine faster, but the final temp of the metal won't change.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #36
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
About 30 degrees F.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #37
:D
Jux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Jux's Tacoma Gallery
-16F this winter.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #38
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Probably around 20 degrees. My crappy Walmart battery doesn't like starting in the cold. I keep a jump starter in my truck.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #39
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't see any crazy low temps this past winter, but I bet the guys up in Fairbanks, Ak probably saw close to -50 a couple times..