Notices

Help choosing Tonneau!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
Tomasp21 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tomas
Tomasp21's Tacoma Gallery
Help choosing Tonneau!

Hey everyone,
Ive been looking into buying a tonneau cover for my truck, but need some help. I know i want a soft top cover, and was specifically looking into the Access TonnoSport Roll-Up Cover. If anyone has had any experience with this product or any insite on a cover similar to it. (mainly interested in the cheaper price, live in texas so weather isnt really a problem).
Much Appreciated!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Access Limited is nice. Contact Luke at truckalterations. He has great prices and fast shipping.
edit: heres the link: http://www.truckalterations.com/html/toyotanation.html
Old 04-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
You can't go wrong with any of the access covers. I had a literider on my 1st gen and have one on my current 09 and couldn't be happier.
EDIT: I forgot to say, my 1st gen cover didn't leak at all, and it went through some serious rain storms. My current literider came already installed when I bought it and the front edge leaked a lot, but I took it apart and put some weatherstripping in and now it's waterproof.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
cbe513 is on a distinguished road

Name: Cory
cbe513's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Access LiteRider from Luke. I just installed it this weekend! 280$ shipped. Its great! You can keep your bed-rails and cleats! Buy some weather stripping from home depot or Lowes and put it along your front bed rail and it will complete seal it up and hold out weather.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
SAY MY NAME
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
I also have an access and have been very pleased with it. I love the ease of the roll up with their design and the overall looks.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
Nola TSS has a spectacular aura aboutNola TSS has a spectacular aura about

Nola TSS's Tacoma Gallery
The Access covers do seem nice. I looked at them but wanted a tri fold. Opted for the TonnoPro. I wanted the Extang but it was a bit more than I wanted to spend.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
Jerryjc is on a distinguished road
Jerryjc's Tacoma Gallery
Very happy with my TonnoPro tri fold and it was quite a bit cheaper than most of the other brands. Quality appears the same as the more expensive brands.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
Dude
Mtn Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
Mtn Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know the difference between the Access Rollup, Lorado, Limited cover?
Can you still keep the rail tie-downs installed?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
SAY MY NAME
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Tacoma View Post
Does anyone know the difference between the Access Rollup, Lorado, Limited cover?
Can you still keep the rail tie-downs installed?
Some are lower profile than others. With the real low profile (flush with the bed edges), the rail tie isn't usable. The access one I bought allowed for rail use but is still a low profile. About an inch above the bed. Very sleak and looks really nice. I forget what exactly it was called. It's been a while.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #10
Paparon is on a distinguished road
Navy: Submarine reactor operator
Name: Ron
Paparon's Tacoma Gallery
Bak Flip tonneau

Back flip w/lumber rack. Allows tonneau to be folded & locked against the cab for full bed access. Removed with 8 allen screws. Aluminum bracing added for off road stability. I had the truck on a 38 degree side slope in this configuration.in Badlands Off Road driving class.
Attached Thumbnails
Help choosing Tonneau!-img_5187.jpg  
Old 04-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
I have the access, forget which model, works good for what it is. The only place water can enter is at the tailgate because I never installed the optional weather stripping but still only allows a quarter sized puddle when I go through automatic car wash.