Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed Cover Options

Old 04-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #21
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiomax View Post
I also have the Extang Solid Fold look at my profile pic you can see what it look like on a short box
I have the Extang as well . very well sealed , no water drilling needed . Can be removed and folded to storage in the garage in 5 minutes if you want to use the complete box .
When your dog rides in the box of the truck , make sure to use the retaining clips to hold the cover in the folded position . I dont know how many times my dog has got " bonked " on the head when i forget to click in the retaining clips
Old 04-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #22
Swetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant future

Name: Tyler
Swetpants's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a picture off hand, but I have the BAK flip roll-X tonneau cover and love it. Look into it.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #24
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
the advantage of the extang is its fully removable in 5 minute your truck look stock, no extra rail system to be added, just 4 clips in the existing rail system, its really well secured... add the pop & lock to your tailgate and your set.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #26
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba353z View Post
I like my Undercover too - my only complaint is that although I can remove / replace it by myself it doesn't store that easily when off.
Huh? I hang it on a wall in my garage. I guess it's not an issue for me.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:35 AM   #27
1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
1stgenpre's Tacoma Gallery
I have an undercover se color matched for my double cab. Bought it that way so it was an added incentive when I purchased it. I think the undercover is better than the leer brand I have seen...seems like the leer sticks up an extra half a foot and looks weird IMO. Undercover is very low profile which I love. Easy to take off, no leaks, small light underneath it and I also hang mine on an empty wall in my garage/basement...no leaks. Has come in very handy and also locks.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:12 AM   #29
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMore66 View Post
How do you remove the Extang so fast? I had a Bakflip on my Tundra.

pretty simple look at the video off the site it shows how to take it off, its only 4 clip 2 with a pull handle, 2 screws.

http://www.extang.com/docs/solidfold.html
Old 04-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #30
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacOffRoad11 View Post
Due to an unexpected bonus from work, I am in the market for a cover. My dilemma is I'm not sure real sure what I want. Some background. I really don't use the bed that much. If needed, I have a 16 foot trailer that I pull when I need something from Home Depot or need mulch or something. I'm leaning towards an ARE LSII but just want some opinions/thoughts on what other people have and what would look best on my Taco.
i have a are and 100% totally dry inside! also secure with locking system. looks sharp too! not a removable item as others are! i suppose with two guys it could be off in five mins,
Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #31
Motorshooter
Motorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: IC2 SS
Motorshooter's Tacoma Gallery
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathproofduck View Post
Undercover and i love it. Opens like a trunk, perfect for shopping. I keep a plastic tote in the back to hold grocery bags or whatever. I can take it off and put it back on by myself in less than 5 min. The damn this is so sturdy that you could have 3 linemen dance on it, and i havent seen a drop of water in my bed.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #32
BDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really nice

Name: Brandon
BDJ's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Undercover Flex, almost identical to the bakflip. Love it!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #33
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathproofduck View Post
Huh? I hang it on a wall in my garage. I guess it's not an issue for me.
It's a little too bulky for me to hang by myself - I usually have to enlist the wife, and she's not always thrilled to move it when I need it moved.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #34
batchelor22 is just really nicebatchelor22 is just really nicebatchelor22 is just really nicebatchelor22 is just really nice

Name: Jameel
batchelor22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPROMAN View Post

You have to drill out for drain hose to keep water out.

You can just attach a couple of brass hose barbs to the end of the tubes and use the existing holes. No need to drill.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #35
TacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
TacOffRoad11's Tacoma Gallery
I knew there was a reason I loved Tacomaworld. I have it narrowed down to the ARE LSII, Bakflip and the Undercover. Heading out tomorrow to pick one! Ill post pictures on whatever I decide.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #36
TacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
TacOffRoad11's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the delay. I have decided to go with the A.R.E LSII. I got a great deal on it. Now the waiting game begins on it to come in. Will post pictures when it gets here.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #37
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
i love my Access roll up cover. looks great in place and sturdy, no leaks. and rolls up out of the way.