Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #21
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you're ok

Totaled
Old 04-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #22
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
They wont have it on the lift until tomorrow, and the state farm adjuster (her insurance) said 1-3 days to come out and appraise it.

So I should hope what - no frame damage and just parts and body, or totaled.

My worry is they don't total it, the actual value of the truck (resale) is greatly diminished. So If they don't total it I should argue that to their claims adjuster (appeal as it were)?. first big accident, I don't want to get screwed. Obviously as much as I trust the shop I took it to they are going to want to fix it because of what they make in labor. Would it be too much to ask to go take frame measurements while its on the lift (to check for square?).

Either way I should no a rough estimate tomorrow and the adjusters estimate in a few days. That axle took a huge load from the side - should I expect there to be internal damage to the gearing? What else should I be looking for, I want to be fully armed in case I need to fight a point to total this thing if it need it.

-Corey
Old 04-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #23
ThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ThomasMore66's Tacoma Gallery
I'm driving a 2013 Tacoma because somebody decided to try to occupy my lane with their Mustang and totaled my 1st gen Tundra. I too had just gotten in out of the shop after being rear-ended...I was sitting at a red light! The guy just drove into me. The Mustang wreck was on the driver's side and bent the front frame.

Good to be o.k. Good to have State Farm. They have been way stand-up for me.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #24
cdh7917 is a splendid one to beholdcdh7917 is a splendid one to beholdcdh7917 is a splendid one to beholdcdh7917 is a splendid one to beholdcdh7917 is a splendid one to beholdcdh7917 is a splendid one to beholdcdh7917 is a splendid one to behold
Marines:
cdh7917's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyjon View Post
They wont have it on the lift until tomorrow, and the state farm adjuster (her insurance) said 1-3 days to come out and appraise it.

My worry is they don't total it, the actual value of the truck (resale) is greatly diminished. So If they don't total it I should argue that to their claims adjuster (appeal as it were)?. first big accident, I don't want to get screwed. Obviously as much as I trust the shop I took it to they are going to want to fix it because of what they make in labor. Would it be too much to ask to go take frame measurements while its on the lift (to check for square?).

Either way I should no a rough estimate tomorrow and the adjusters estimate in a few days. That axle took a huge load from the side - should I expect there to be internal damage to the gearing? What else should I be looking for, I want to be fully armed in case I need to fight a point to total this thing if it need it.

-Corey
Glad you're ok!

Push for it to be totaled. Even if they fix it, you'll be out value because of the repairs. This is beyond cosmetic damage.

If they don't total it straight away, ask them how much they'll be compensating you for diminished value, due to the repairs.

Don't let the insurance company pressure you into accepting their initial offer. It's just that, an offer.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #25
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh7917 View Post
Glad you're ok!

Push for it to be totaled. Even if they fix it, you'll be out value because of the repairs. This is beyond cosmetic damage.

If they don't total it straight away, ask them how much they'll be compensating you for diminished value, due to the repairs.

Don't let the insurance company pressure you into accepting their initial offer. It's just that, an offer.
^x2
Old 04-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #26
Skunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Skunkman's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear you are alright also. It was bad weather here locally this morning, I ended up with almost a foot of snow over night, and knew the roads would be greasy. I wouldn't want that truck back, especially the way it was hit. There could be too much unseen damage that could affect you down the road. The frame could be an issue, and there could be problems with the drive train also, plus the negative impact of a crash like this on your resale value. I would try and buy it back cheap,sell or salvage what you can, and get another Tacoma. Good luck, and again, glad you are alright.

Want to sell that hood ? ( just kidding )
Old 04-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #28
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
Glad your ok. I was in an accident almost exactly like this in January. Seems like i had more damage body wise than you. I had no frame damage, rear shackle was beat up though, and the u-bolts broke from the other vehicle catching the rear tire causing the rear end too twist out. Plus the guy that hit me had no insurance so I had a ruff time getting everything dealt with through my insurance. At that point i didn't even want to see the truck less get it back. $15k later the body panels were replaced and literally a whole new rear end and i got the truck back, looks and rides just the way it did before.

The main damage was caused by the other vehicle clipping the rear tire as he continued to slide past me.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #29
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj hank View Post
ouch! glad to hear you're ok. other people are the worst part of driving. i got my taco because i was sitting at a red light when some old lady smashed into me. hit me into the car in front of me and that car into the car in front of it. after a quick stop in the ER, i'm glad my ride was totaled. a lot of the times, repaired vehicles just aren't the same, so you might want to sneak by the junk yard to take a few taps to the frame with a sledge. i ended up with a nice check for a CRV i bought off of my step mom for next to nothing and found an 09 with 30k on it.
REALLY? ya know that's insurance fraud right dude?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #30
fcboos is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
fcboos's Tacoma Gallery
Glad your ok man. Just got rear ended myself. They said it is only $4400 worth of damage but frame is bent and bumper is 6 - 8" under the truck but they are going to fix it they say...
Old 04-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #31
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
Oh reallaay?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #32
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by On An Island View Post
Regardless of the damage to the truck, glad you came out of it okay.
X2 Glad you made it out in one piece.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #33
Chris b.
western88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
western88's Tacoma Gallery
you are safe good! it sucks to have bang up taco. I rather see it totaled.. so save the headache with repairs and ride wont be the same once fixed. its her auto ins will have to pay for it... make sure your ins work with them to settle the fair deal.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #34
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
ooooooh...so that's what insurance f-r-oww-d is! haha i was obviously kidding. i would hope that the overwhelming majority of people aren't stupid enough to do that, especially people that are smart enough to drive a taco
Old 04-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #35
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj hank View Post
ooooooh...so that's what insurance f-r-oww-d is! haha i was obviously kidding. i would hope that the overwhelming majority of people aren't stupid enough to do that, especially people that are smart enough to drive a taco
..soooo...uhhh...I WASN'T supposed to go over there?..... UH-OH!!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #36

Joking aside - hopefully I get this mess sorted.

just heard its leaking gas - for every thing I could see damage wise its all the things I cant see thats got me worried!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #37
Chris
Tacofornia will become famous soon enough

Tacofornia's Tacoma Gallery
damn, glad you're ok.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #38
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyjon View Post

-Corey
Good thing it's not one of Geico, Progessive, Safe Auto or any of those types of companies. Those are the worst to deal with when it's the other person's fault.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #39
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post
Good thing it's not one of Geico, Progessive, Safe Auto or any of those types of companies. Those are the worst to deal with when it's the other person's fault.

GEICO has always been great for me. I've been with them since 1977.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #40

the rear left tire was punctured by the accident (no way to repair the tear in the sidewall). They have to replace at least a pair right? or because its a 4x4 they have to replace all 4? and the wheels took damage too, they were spotless before the accident so they are responsible for those as well (I kept that truck clean enough to eat off of, and there no scratches, only a few scuffs by the door handles caused by normal wear)

I too have geico but have never had to use it so - I can't comment on their ability to react to these things.