Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #62
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
How are they going to deal with the Spring perches?
Not sure yet - It looks like they are holding out judgement on the frame/spring perches until it is on the frame jig - because they can't "write for what they don't see".

All said and don't I'll be looking for an independent inspection to verify frame/body/mechanical.

I have a highly calibrated "ass" so my seat of the pants sensors will know if its yawing one way or the other, and independent inspection to go with all the documents. Even after all the repairs I don't know if I can keep it - even if it's perfect. Just knowing what it's been through might be too much for me.

Like I said the minuscule damage from being rear ended last month was almost $6k - so I have no idea how they can take ask me to take that number seriously. The mechanic at the shop agreed - I told him I would eat a flip flop if that number was anywhere close.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #63
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
My insurance wrote a check for !$2000 for when I hit a deer. Very minor paint damage, dent in drivers door (I pushed that out), and rear bumper.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #64
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joel
jjhitchen's Tacoma Gallery
poor tacoma
Old 04-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #65
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
first, pick a very good body shop.. they will work with your adjuster/ insurance to fix it how you want it fixed, they will also make reccomendations to your ins on your behalf, such as not repairing a plastic bed, but reccomending replacement if they feel thats the better fix.
I went through this with my 12.. I found a body shop that works on porsche, audi, bmw.. they were reccomended by the porsche shop.. their rates are high, and they do repairs correctlly.. you should have the right to take it to any body shop yopu want, but unsure of your state.
I went and told my shop that I did not want the frame fixed or replaced... they worked with me to convince my ins company that there were too many issues in replacing/ fixing the frame.. they were on my side.. find a shop on your side.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #66
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyjon View Post
Not sure yet - It looks like they are holding out judgement on the frame/spring perches until it is on the frame jig - because they can't "write for what they don't see".

All said and don't I'll be looking for an independent inspection to verify frame/body/mechanical.

I have a highly calibrated "ass" so my seat of the pants sensors will know if its yawing one way or the other, and independent inspection to go with all the documents. Even after all the repairs I don't know if I can keep it - even if it's perfect. Just knowing what it's been through might be too much for me.
Insurance is soo stupid...
Old 04-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #67
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joel
jjhitchen's Tacoma Gallery
glad you are safe, and poor tacoma
Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #69
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

this was $5700 to repair, bumper, rt bed side quarter panel, structural piece on that corner of the bed, repaint the tailgate, bumper, and quarter panel. they did replace the rt taillight because some of the clips were broken.

The list on this accident is 5X this list easy - the $7k estimate makes no sense.
Attached Thumbnails
Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.-photo.jpg  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #70
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Went over there and took some more pictures, about 100 or so to document the damage better - so here is some more of the carnage, this time in HD.
Dont forget your Rocky Mount, if they total it. With that kind of damage I wouldn't settle for anything less. I have seen a lot of trucks hit like this and yours is the worst I have seen. Good luck!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #71

It is at the dealer body shop, where I purchased this truck in 2008. They are really great - they do work on porsche/toyota mostly. They seem to be working with me, they told me let the ins guy write for whatever and then they will get it on the lift, make their list, and submit the supplement - assuming the frames not knackered.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #72
LRGRNR

If it gets totalled hopefully you can put it back to stock because they are not paying you for your extras.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #73

Theres really not a whole lot of extras - add a leafs, and billy coil overs. but I know what your saying.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #74
07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
07 sport 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I would also check for damage to the transfer case and transmission. I have a friend that got hit just like you did and when his driveshaft got ripped out it screwed up the transmission. I think it cracked around the output shaft. Aluminum isn't that hard to crack.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #75

They wrote to replace the "Brkt, Rear Spring LT" part # 4840704020 , It looks like the forward leaf spring perch - this is just in the initial write up - so it looks like they are already assuming thats knackered -so what are the chances the frame is too ( i was under the impression they couldn't change these out).
Old 04-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #76
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt put too much thought into the assesors report.. its the body shops assesment that is the real deal.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #77
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Any input? Who else has gone through this? What are my options???

$7k - we'll see what happens when the shop works of there first initial supplement.

-Corey
Was that your insurance, or the person who hit you ? If it's yours, I'd start escalating that up the chain.

If it's the other persons, I'd be calling my insurance company - they've got plenty of lawyers with free time and it's their job to make you whole.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #78
sparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nice

Name: Sparky
sparkystaco's Tacoma Gallery
Everything I've seen in your posts would be fixable,,,but make sure that IF they don't replace the rearend housing, make sure your four wheel alianment numbers are correct, I say this cause 2yrs ago someone forced me off the road and I clipped a light pole with my right rear tire. After getting the quarter panel back in shape, I had too take the truck to two different places for an alianment (first one was clueless) to find out that my rear housing was bent (almost 2 degrees) on the right tire, which was not noticable while driving or visuable looking at the truck. After they replaced the rearend you could see the bend in the housing when it was sitting on the floor in the shop. Have had no problems with the truck since.

Best of luck for you
Old 04-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #79
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch! It sucks man.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #80
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for outcome