Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #81
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditstpk View Post
sub'd for outcome
x2
Old 04-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #82
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
x2
are you stalking me??
Old 04-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #83
07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
07 sport 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkystaco View Post
Everything I've seen in your posts would be fixable,,,but make sure that IF they don't replace the rearend housing, make sure your four wheel alianment numbers are correct, I say this cause 2yrs ago someone forced me off the road and I clipped a light pole with my right rear tire. After getting the quarter panel back in shape, I had too take the truck to two different places for an alianment (first one was clueless) to find out that my rear housing was bent (almost 2 degrees) on the right tire, which was not noticable while driving or visuable looking at the truck. After they replaced the rearend you could see the bend in the housing when it was sitting on the floor in the shop. Have had no problems with the truck since.

Best of luck for you
What's an alianment? Haha jk man.
It's "alignment" for the record.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #84
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
It's their insurance that came up with that figure, but the mechanic said that until it was in the air and taken apart the real extent of the damage is still an unknown.

I have a list of things I'm watching closely, and once the shop writes the real estimate I'll go from there. Involving my ins company and their bloodhound lawyers will be a secondary approach. It will be as good as it was before this event or I will reject the work until it is right.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #85
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
As i said before, i was in an accident just like this just with some more body damage. So from what i went through i can give you a list of parts i needed replaced so you can have an idea.

Rear End:
1:New leaf packs and u-bolts driver/passenger
2:New rear shocks driver/passenger
3:New rear axle/differential (Mine was leaking and it wouldn't hold oil)
4:New Drive shaft
5:New carrier barring (bracket was kind of tweaked also)
5:New brake lines

Make sure they check you rear cross member and make sure its not bent.

Body Work
1:Side panel on the bed
2:Rear panel behind door was cut out and replaced (Check your passenger side also. If the bed twisted it probably hit you passenger side rear panel and dented it also.
3:Rocker panel was cut out and replace
4:New door skin
5:New rim and tire
6: paint

All i can remember

$15-16k worth of damage. They estimated the value of my truck at $26k before the accident.

I went on toyotas parts website and added up all the parts includind body panels and added $1000 for miscellaneous items so i would have a general idea. I forgot what the price came out too, but at $15k the shop was making a decent profit even though the truck took a month to finish because of parts.

Drives just like new. I understand why people would say it would never drive the same, or its totaled, but realistically if the frame or leaf spring mounts are not bent your will be fine. If the truck gets fixed and the rear end alignment numbers are not in specs then you know something is bent.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #86
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Glad your ok OP. Could have been alot worse. Trucks can be replaced. My 06 was totalled out after the front was ripped apart. Looked similar to yours just the front end. Gotta love Toyota's tho, damn do they hold their value. Owed 13k. They gave me 23k. Paid off the truck, debt, and put down a large chunk on my new one.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #87
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Crap that sucks, hope ya get her back on the road soon!

Brett
Old 04-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #88
Gene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: 1982-1988 Okinawa, Japan & Southern California
Name: Eugene
Gene563's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyjon View Post
It's their insurance that came up with that figure, but the mechanic said that until it was in the air and taken apart the real extent of the damage is still an unknown.

I have a list of things I'm watching closely, and once the shop writes the real estimate I'll go from there. Involving my ins company and their bloodhound lawyers will be a secondary approach. It will be as good as it was before this event or I will reject the work until it is right.

A relatively new truck, I'm assuming you have full coverage...
I would get them involved as soon as possible. If they make a decision and pay out, they'll be the ones going after "their" insurance.
Being that it wasn't your fault, they should be protecting your best interest.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #89
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
OP, if the truck ends up totaled I would love to have your front cup holders my adjustable divider thing broke the other day.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #90
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
OUCH! Man I hope you barked at her after..thank goodness you weren't injured
Old 04-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #91
13 LiftedTacoma is on a distinguished road
13 LiftedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
New member here. I happen to be a Total loss claims adjuster for a worldwide ins co and think i may provide some addtl info on the process.

First, insurance companies will not use brand new OEM parts to fix your vehicle. They will attempt to find used OEM parts that are either the same age of the parts of your vehicle or slightly newer, but they will have wear on them. The only exemption is if there are absolutely no used parts available. Considering it's an 08, I'm sure they can find them.

Also the dealer was correct in saying to let the appraiser write whatever they want. It's just based on a visual inspection and considered a preliminary estimate. Once the shop begins the tear down process, they will find addtl repairs needed and will submit it as a supplement. Next the insurance company will review it and either approve it or negotiate with he shop to lower the cost. Also they might dispute that one part is repairable and does not have to be replaced.

I'm also shocked that your truck is worth $25k. But most states have a threshold in which a vehicle can be deemed a total loss. I';m not at work so cannot say for sure what NY is, but i believe is 80% of value of veh, but don't quote me on that. Based on the pictures I would've said total loss but the fact it was valued so high makes me wonder.

Anyways just wanted to give my 2 cents and I'm glad no one was injured.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #93
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 LiftedTacoma View Post
First, insurance companies will not use brand new OEM parts to fix your vehicle. They will attempt to find used OEM parts that are either the same age of the parts of your vehicle or slightly newer, but they will have wear on them.

You gotta be shitting me?... really!?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #94
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post
You gotta be shitting me?... really!?
Yes, the object is to "make whole" and if your 5 years old body parts are bent, the replace them with unbent 5 year old body parts. Usually, by the time they are installed and painted to match you can't tell the difference.

Body parts if not rusted or bent, with intact paint are basically as good as new.

Howard
Old 04-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #95
charles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud of

charles08tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetkind View Post
Yes, the object is to "make whole" and if your 5 years old body parts are bent, the replace them with unbent 5 year old body parts. Usually, by the time they are installed and painted to match you can't tell the difference.

Body parts if not rusted or bent, with intact paint are basically as good as new.

Howard
I'd much rather have correct, factory used parts than new aftermarket crap parts.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #96
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

No matter how perfect they do repairing it if it is ultimately repaired just knowing how much of the truck is getting repainted and worked on - I will be trading it in or selling it. It's a sad time - Loved this truck, lots of good times.

Should find out more tomorrow if they manage to get it on the frame machine.

I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks all for sharing good information.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #97
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Write off.

Get new taco!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #98

Well the corner to corner (where the outer bed bolts go) are 106cm from front left to rear right, and front right to rear left. It was a quick measurement they got it on jack stands and took the bed off - tomorrow they dig in.

-So at least it looks square in the dimension (they will do the actual measuring tomorrow) the thing im worried about is the frame rail being twisted from the angle of impact onto the rear axle being able to lever the frame where the spring attaches (spring hanger is bent)

The other tire is ruined so that is at least 2 tires, and one wheel:

So for those keeping score at home:
It needs 2 new tires, 1 new wheel at least have to inspect the other. e brake cable and brake lines - so thats gotta take the 7k estimate up to 8k and they haven't even started really looking yet.

Not sure yet about the front leaf hangers but the left rear is definitely bent, the right side also looks slightly tweaked but it could be the angle of the rear axle throwing it off.

They arn't sure if they can order a new spring hanger or if they can rebend it - not keen on that idea - metal has memory.

More pictures to come.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #99

New photos showing my 4 wheel steering modification.
Attached Thumbnails
Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.-ts1.jpg   Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.-ts2.jpg   Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.-ts4.jpg   Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.-ts5.jpg   Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.-ts6.jpg  

Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.-ts8.jpg   Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.-ts9.jpg   Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.-ts10.jpg  
Old 04-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #100
toyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Grunt
Name: Eric
toyohtadude's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious about how they will handle the mounts. Looks fixable but I agree with you, it would be hard to continue to own/drive this truck after two accidents. Mine's been in four minor benders but nothing THIS bad.... None my fault, just always seem to be in the wrong spot, much like you.

Glad you are OK. Truck can be replaced, you.... not so much!