Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #121
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
Geico Engaged - never have I had a more hostile phone call, State Farm called immediately after they found out and were nasty, hostile, and borderline threatening. I wish I had it recored. No matter the outcome I feel better knowing Geico has the reins now and I feel like they are much more concerned with my truck being fixed properly to insure it is safe and meets the manufacturers specifications (fixed right).

Read Toyota CRIB #'s 136,168, and 180. talking about frame damage and repair, as well as damage to the composite bed.

I feel like I still have a long way to go.

as far as the deductible, I get it back after its all said and done. The rental car is out of pocket (I didn't have rental coverage - I will in the future after this) but I recover that cost at the end as well.

Subrogation = I'm thinking its the equivalent of dropping an office nuke in the insurance world. WOW - can't believe the way that dude talked to me - crazy!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #122
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you are ok man same thing happened to me just a week ago. They totaled my 4runner and I bought another one with less miles but I have to modd it back to where mine was. Sucks insurance is not working with you from what I am reading. I lucked out I finance mine through the same company I have insurance through and USAA has been amazing with me. Hope everthing works out for the better! With mine USAA was great. Paid my old one off and sent me a check for the new one I wanted to buy the next day after I found the one I wanted.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #123
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck op glad your ok
Old 04-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #124
Chris b.
western88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
western88's Tacoma Gallery
wow with State farm doing the trash talk.. you can press charge on them..
Old 04-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #125
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

I plan on filing a complaint - I don't know about charges. I was caught off guard by how unprofessional the person i spoke with was.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #126
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyjon View Post
I plan on filing a complaint - I don't know about charges. I was caught off guard by how unprofessional the person i spoke with was.
What did they say?!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #128

Exclamation

They called a nano second after I got off the phone with geico. The guy sounded pissed, he asked if I was sure I wanted to go through geico, then he informed me they would not pay for the rental car, and that they will maintain their records of their assessment of the damage and will not pay for extra damages that it would be on me. I told them I have paperwork direct from Toyota saying they can not use salvaged parts to repair the frame - and he said they have paper work that says differently. The. He said they already sent checks to the body shop and they already started work so he tried to say that because of that I needed to continue going through them. (Something to that affect). I knew he was lying because the body shop and I had an agreement no work would start until we all agreed on the repairs.

He was unprofessional, rude, hostile, and borderline threatening. He is lucky it wasn't a face to face because I bet he is a tie wearing pencil dicked bean counter and in that moment I would have loved nothing more than to crush his larynx with my fist.

Sorry, just got done working out - adrenaline is high.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #129
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
I have a friend that works for State Farm, his departments job is practically to agree on a price with the other party's insurance company if they were brought in for the repair. Ex. if you go through you insurance they will call State Farm and tell them its X amount of money to fix and their job is to say they will not pay that much and just haggle back and forth on the phone over price. He tells me a lot of the time it becomes a big argument on the phone and its even worst once the customer gets involved. Its as if its a damn collection agency telling you all kinda bs to get you to go along with them with a department full of assholes.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #130

All I know is - they insured the driver that hit me, while I was in my lane. I understand NY is no fault, but in a situation like this it is completely the other drivers fault. What can they say - well it's you fault for waking up and driving to work? I don't think that will fly.

The truck will be fixed to pre accident condition, which includes the frame and structural integrity. I understand materials, metal bends, once bent back it is weaker. That affects how the vehicle will handle a future accident which is why toyota says how frames can and can not be repaired when they sustain damage in a collision.

Many (most) people are hands off, and will simply try and get things fixed as soon as possible, Im that 1 in 10k who will not accept cut corners, cheap solutions, or salvaged parts for the repair when toyota spells out specifically they do not recommend salvaged/reclaimed parts from vehicles that were previously in an accident be used to make repairs to the frame.

They can haggle all they want, the truck is being fixed PROPERLY. that will undoubtedly cost more - it is not my fault I was hit, and I will not accept anything other than the correct corrective action period. How can they expect people to allow their vehicles, their investment to be fixed by subpar practices - insane!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #131
BlazeTaco is on a distinguished road

BlazeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All I know is - they insured the driver that hit me, while I was in my lane. I understand NY is no fault, but in a situation like this it is completely the other drivers fault. What can they say - well it's you fault for waking up and driving to work? I don't think that will fly.

The truck will be fixed to pre accident condition, which includes the frame and structural integrity. I understand materials, metal bends, once bent back it is weaker. That affects how the vehicle will handle a future accident which is why toyota says how frames can and can not be repaired when they sustain damage in a collision.

Many (most) people are hands off, and will simply try and get things fixed as soon as possible, Im that 1 in 10k who will not accept cut corners, cheap solutions, or salvaged parts for the repair when toyota spells out specifically they do not recommend salvaged/reclaimed parts from vehicles that were previously in an accident be used to make repairs to the frame.

They can haggle all they want, the truck is being fixed PROPERLY. that will undoubtedly cost more - it is not my fault I was hit, and I will not accept anything other than the correct corrective action period. How can they expect people to allow their vehicles, their investment to be fixed by subpar practices - insane!
I would be doing the same if I were in your shoes. Most ins companys don't deal with people that know the kind of stuff that you do. They don't want you to know the right way so they can be cheap. 95 percent of companys in the US have that moto. It is if you are not screwing someone over you are not doing your job right. Keep the rich wealthy and the heck with everyone else.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #132
jrogers329 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jrogers329's Tacoma Gallery
Keep on fighting them. We were hit by a guy that had progressive. They wanted to use aftermarket parts. I told them hell no! The ins. guy said that "their job was to put the car back the way it was before the accident." My reply was "Exactly. And before the accident it had OEM parts. You'll be paying for the body parts that the shop wants to use."

More recently my wife was hit from behind, and the other guy's insurance, I think State Farm, wanted to use refurbished parts (ones taken off another car that had been wrecked. I told the adjuster, absolutely not...the dealer says only new OEM parts, and that's whats going on my car.

Insurance sucks, but sometimes it's a necessary evil. Don't give up...get it done right!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #133
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They called a nano second after I got off the phone with geico. The guy sounded pissed, he asked if I was sure I wanted to go through geico, then he informed me they would not pay for the rental car, and that they will maintain their records of their assessment of the damage and will not pay for extra damages that it would be on me. I told them I have paperwork direct from Toyota saying they can not use salvaged parts to repair the frame - and he said they have paper work that says differently. The. He said they already sent checks to the body shop and they already started work so he tried to say that because of that I needed to continue going through them. (Something to that affect). I knew he was lying because the body shop and I had an agreement no work would start until we all agreed on the repairs.

He was unprofessional, rude, hostile, and borderline threatening. He is lucky it wasn't a face to face because I bet he is a tie wearing pencil dicked bean counter and in that moment I would have loved nothing more than to crush his larynx with my fist.

Sorry, just got done working out - adrenaline is high.
As far as the person on the phone goes.... Everyone has a boss. If you don't like what you are hearing, stop the conversation and ask to be transferred to that persons boss. It's that simple. "Climb the ladder" until you talk to someone that treats you the way you should be treated.

Most of the time we don't think about that because we're so taken back by the situation. That's understandable, but it doesn't have to be the end of it.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #134

In the moment I did not think to get a name or escalate it - I was so hot around the collar. But a calmer head should have prevailed and done just that. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast - I'm in no hurry, I want it fixed right, and I should have taken my time on the phone with the jerk to get above him. I will be calling and complaining and we will see what comes of it.

-Corey
Old 04-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #136

The word came down this afternoon - Totaled. The Geico Adjuster could not believe how far off the State Farm guy was. He found more damage too, the rear axle is bent so it would also need to be replaced along with the bed, and the frame.

Now I need to figure out if I am going to go for the 2013 Tacoma, or....

I loved that truck, the new 2013's are nice went and drove one a few hours ago, nicer inside thats for sure, not sure I'm crazy about the new steering wheel, but overall the truck seemed as solid as the old one, some body line redesign especially in the front. How are people liking their new '13 Tacoma's? The steering felt a bit different, not sure if it was a combination of the crappy dunlop tires and the stock sport suspension or what, but it was not as responsive as my '08 with 5100's and nokian tires.

The nautical blue is almost the same as the indigo ink color I had too - torn. Do I go truck or car (Subaru WRX - really the only car I could consider, can't get a Audi TDI Quatro in the states so thats not an option).

Kinda hard seeing the old truck today all torn down and beaten - lots of good times.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #137
jrogers329 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jrogers329's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that it's totaled. Glad your insurance came through for you though.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #138
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Its sad when a taco dies.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #139

I can't say enough good things about Geico they are handling this as I would expect a professional company. I'm ready to move past this and on to a new vehicle.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #140
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
May I hire you to fight for my truck if I ever get hit ???

If this happened to me and I had a choice to get another car I would take some of the money from the settlement to buy me a used Taco and the rest for the Subi. Best of both worlds