LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #121
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
Giving them tomorrow to give me an answer:

I called 4 different Toyota Dealership parts departments and told them the part I needed (not even the fact that where it attaches is bent - just for the part) and all 4 said it was frame replacement, and that they could get a frame if i needed it. I took that data to the body shop along with this, Toyota CRIB #180,

http://collision.alldata.com/online2...-OEM_parts.htm

So no junkyard parts, and since you cant get OEM part from Toyota it should be frame swap. The body shop is in full agreement and talked to their Toyota top certified rep?(RTFL/RTLP or something like that) who agrees it should be frame swap so the shop is on my side and I now have some more horsepower behind that notion.

Waiting to find out what their instance company says tomorrow (still thinking about bringing mine in depending on what they say) - Ill call anyway and find out the ramifications of going that route.

exhausted - but not giving up the fight - If it isn't totaled I want it structurally and mechanically and cosmetically the same before the accident.

Keeping up the good fight!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #122
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Good job man. It will pay off. My body shop fighting for me was the reason im in a new truck.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #123
frankbmg is on a distinguished road
frankbmg's Tacoma Gallery
My wife worked for an insurance company. One word they hate to hear is subrogation. This is used when you contact your insurance company when you are not at fault. I got rear ended in December 2011. Called my insurance company, Geico told them I wanted claim subrogated. I pay them not the guy who hit me's company. Appointment at Toyota body shop set up immediately, truck dropped off the next day, rental car supplied. Truck fixed, deductible payed when picked up. Reimbursed 10 days later. NEVER, depend on someone elses company to do right by you. Remember their insured is at fault and they will try and protect there interest.

I worked for dealers for 30 years with in house body shops as well as dealing with independents. Insurance companies try to pay out as little as possible. Some even pay adjusters commissions on dollars saved.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #124
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
That is a really shitty way to start the day, at least it looks repairable, I doubt it will be totaled.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #125
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Way too pretty of a truck to get totaled! I love that color.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #126
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
just my 2˘

For the one accident I have been in and the two my g/f was in while on my insurance, I always went with my insurance company. Yes, I had to payout the deductible up front, but I got it back right away. Most of the big name insurance companies garuntee the body shop's work, I didn't want to have to fight if something I believed to be related popped up later. I wanted to know that it was an easy phone call to get it looked at/fixed.

At least talk to your insurance, if they work with the body shop it is already at, I would switch the process over. Your guys are not going to want to have to fix it later, so they will fight a little harder to get it right the first time.

A long time ago, I even had my insurance company send lawyers to court on my behalf to get a multi car accident sorted out. I have to say, they rocked. I gave an over the phone statement and they took care of the rest.

OP, I see you are/were Air Force. Do you insure with USAA? If so, don't think, just hand the process over to them, you will never be happier!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #127
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
just my 2˘

For the one accident I have been in and the two my g/f was in while on my insurance, I always went with my insurance company. Yes, I had to payout the deductible up front, but I got it back right away. Most of the big name insurance companies garuntee the body shop's work, I didn't want to have to fight if something I believed to be related popped up later. I wanted to know that it was an easy phone call to get it looked at/fixed.

At least talk to your insurance, if they work with the body shop it is already at, I would switch the process over. Your guys are not going to want to have to fix it later, so they will fight a little harder to get it right the first time.

A long time ago, I even had my insurance company send lawyers to court on my behalf to get a multi car accident sorted out. I have to say, they rocked. I gave an over the phone statement and they took care of the rest.

OP, I see you are/were Air Force. Do you insure with USAA? If so, don't think, just hand the process over to them, you will never be happier!

Definitely DO NOT just rely on them. I had a somewhat decent experience with USAA. Got $ for my totaled motorcycle within the week but they waited two years until the statute of limitations expired to give me the $ for pain and suffering/hardship even though I told them I wasn't going to sue the involved party.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #128
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
Definitely DO NOT just rely on them. I had a somewhat decent experience with USAA. Got $ for my totaled motorcycle within the week but they waited two years until the statute of limitations expired to give me the $ for pain and suffering/hardship even though I told them I wasn't going to sue the involved party.
My understanding is that USAA doesn't actually cover motorcycles, they brokerage it out. That's why they aren't the cheapest, usually. I have been very happy with them for my cars and house, but will look to Gieco, Progressive or Liberty Mutual for motorcycle coverage when the time comes.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #129
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Subd!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #130
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Geico Engaged - never have I had a more hostile phone call, State Farm called immediately after they found out and were nasty, hostile, and borderline threatening. I wish I had it recored. No matter the outcome I feel better knowing Geico has the reins now and I feel like they are much more concerned with my truck being fixed properly to insure it is safe and meets the manufacturers specifications (fixed right).

Read Toyota CRIB #'s 136,168, and 180. talking about frame damage and repair, as well as damage to the composite bed.

I feel like I still have a long way to go.

as far as the deductible, I get it back after its all said and done. The rental car is out of pocket (I didn't have rental coverage - I will in the future after this) but I recover that cost at the end as well.

Subrogation = I'm thinking its the equivalent of dropping an office nuke in the insurance world. WOW - can't believe the way that dude talked to me - crazy!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #131
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
dont give up and it will pay off.. lots of people give up after a phonecall like that and save the ins co money and lose out themselves. your entitled to be made whole and to have no loss.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #132
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you are ok man same thing happened to me just a week ago. They totaled my 4runner and I bought another one with less miles but I have to modd it back to where mine was. Sucks insurance is not working with you from what I am reading. I lucked out I finance mine through the same company I have insurance through and USAA has been amazing with me. Hope everthing works out for the better! With mine USAA was great. Paid my old one off and sent me a check for the new one I wanted to buy the next day after I found the one I wanted.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #133
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck op glad your ok
Old 04-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #134
Chris b.
western88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
western88's Tacoma Gallery
wow with State farm doing the trash talk.. you can press charge on them..
Old 04-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #135

I plan on filing a complaint - I don't know about charges. I was caught off guard by how unprofessional the person i spoke with was.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #136
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyjon View Post
I plan on filing a complaint - I don't know about charges. I was caught off guard by how unprofessional the person i spoke with was.
What did they say?!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #138

Exclamation

They called a nano second after I got off the phone with geico. The guy sounded pissed, he asked if I was sure I wanted to go through geico, then he informed me they would not pay for the rental car, and that they will maintain their records of their assessment of the damage and will not pay for extra damages that it would be on me. I told them I have paperwork direct from Toyota saying they can not use salvaged parts to repair the frame - and he said they have paper work that says differently. The. He said they already sent checks to the body shop and they already started work so he tried to say that because of that I needed to continue going through them. (Something to that affect). I knew he was lying because the body shop and I had an agreement no work would start until we all agreed on the repairs.

He was unprofessional, rude, hostile, and borderline threatening. He is lucky it wasn't a face to face because I bet he is a tie wearing pencil dicked bean counter and in that moment I would have loved nothing more than to crush his larynx with my fist.

Sorry, just got done working out - adrenaline is high.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #139
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
I have a friend that works for State Farm, his departments job is practically to agree on a price with the other party's insurance company if they were brought in for the repair. Ex. if you go through you insurance they will call State Farm and tell them its X amount of money to fix and their job is to say they will not pay that much and just haggle back and forth on the phone over price. He tells me a lot of the time it becomes a big argument on the phone and its even worst once the customer gets involved. Its as if its a damn collection agency telling you all kinda bs to get you to go along with them with a department full of assholes.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #140

All I know is - they insured the driver that hit me, while I was in my lane. I understand NY is no fault, but in a situation like this it is completely the other drivers fault. What can they say - well it's you fault for waking up and driving to work? I don't think that will fly.

The truck will be fixed to pre accident condition, which includes the frame and structural integrity. I understand materials, metal bends, once bent back it is weaker. That affects how the vehicle will handle a future accident which is why toyota says how frames can and can not be repaired when they sustain damage in a collision.

Many (most) people are hands off, and will simply try and get things fixed as soon as possible, Im that 1 in 10k who will not accept cut corners, cheap solutions, or salvaged parts for the repair when toyota spells out specifically they do not recommend salvaged/reclaimed parts from vehicles that were previously in an accident be used to make repairs to the frame.

They can haggle all they want, the truck is being fixed PROPERLY. that will undoubtedly cost more - it is not my fault I was hit, and I will not accept anything other than the correct corrective action period. How can they expect people to allow their vehicles, their investment to be fixed by subpar practices - insane!