Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.

Well, narrowly adverted a head on when she came sliding over the hill and into my lane - initial reaction took me right to hopefully clear me of her trajectory but wasn't enough, took the full front down the port side shattering my suspension. I just got it back after someone rear ended me at a red light - why, why can't people drive, I'm loosing faith in the quality of people in this country Driving is easy, we used to be good at the hard things, now we have aging infrastructure, and nobody capable of deciding how to fix it. #WayOfTheROMANS.

So-

Body armor?

Suspension upgrades?

I had wheeler 1.5" 3 leaf progressive add-a-leafs and bilstein 5100s - should I go with OME Dakars? those are 2.5 " right? So I have the billy 5100 coilovers up front what should I do there to match? I'm thinking weld on rock sliders, maybe some bullet proof bumpers to match. (I'm thinking...structural I-Beam strength)

Rear suspension = shattered. waiting to hear damage estimates (what do you guys think.) Other person completely at fault.

Rough Morning - glad no body was hurt, my poor truck has been through a lot in the past month, You try so hard to keep something in perfect shape - 2008 with 57k and then all of this

Sheet Metal can be repaired - We have the technology, (faster, stronger...)

-Corey

-Sorry for the mini-rant I know most of us do a good job of paying attention and altering our driving depending on road conditions, but It seems I keep interacting with wastes of space.
Attached Thumbnails
Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.-trucksmash1.jpg   Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.-trucksmash2.jpg   Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.-trucksmash3.jpg  
Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
glad you're ok!
are they going to total it and write you a check?
Old 04-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think I would be worried about any modifications if it gets totaled. Glad you're ok bud.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
Cruzito
Cruzs2013SR5 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Cruz
Cruzs2013SR5's Tacoma Gallery
OUCH! Also glad your ok. Hope your truck isnt totaled.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #6
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
Won't know for a few days if it's totaled or fixable - I think it could be on the line either way. It was 6k of damage when I was rear ended so I can only imagine what this is gonna be.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt be suprised if your frame is tweaked... that was a lot of pressure on it on one side. my thought is its totaled.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
I wouldnt be suprised if your frame is tweaked... that was a lot of pressure on it on one side. my thought is its totaled.
This ^^

Maybeif it was new, theyd drop the cash to fix, but being an 08, they MAY total it...espicially if the frame is tweaked...at least I'd want them to...
Old 04-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job avoiding the head-on! Glad you are ok, and hopefully it totalled honestly. Truck will never be right again imo.. New > massively repaired
Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
ouch! glad to hear you're ok. other people are the worst part of driving. i got my taco because i was sitting at a red light when some old lady smashed into me. hit me into the car in front of me and that car into the car in front of it. after a quick stop in the ER, i'm glad my ride was totaled. a lot of the times, repaired vehicles just aren't the same, ******(edited) Content removed ********
Old 04-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I would push your hardest for a total! You don't want tire wearing problems a few years from now due to a bent frame.

That bitch is finished.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
Regardless of the damage to the truck, glad you came out of it okay.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you are ok!!
Looks like black ice....we had it here in VT this a.m. lots of accidents.
I hope it works out and am sorry that happened to you.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj hank View Post
ouch! glad to hear you're ok. other people are the worst part of driving. i got my taco because i was sitting at a red light when some old lady smashed into me. hit me into the car in front of me and that car into the car in front of it. after a quick stop in the ER, i'm glad my ride was totaled. a lot of the times, repaired vehicles just aren't the same, so you might want to sneak by the junk yard to take a few taps to the frame with a sledge. i ended up with a nice check for a CRV i bought off of my step mom for next to nothing and found an 09 with 30k on it.

OP glad you are ok. poor truck.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #15
MadMan is on a distinguished road

MadMan's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you are ok.
You don't want that truck fixed, trust me.

I had accident similar to yours in F-150 with 500 miles on it and his insurance wanted to fix it (over $25K in damage), but I told them unless they write me a check for $20K on top of repairs, I want a new truck. (I figured when I went to sell it later, no one would want it with that much damage)

After three weeks of bullshit, I had brand new truck.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #16
Tomasp21 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tomas
Tomasp21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
You don't want that truck fixed, trust me.
After three weeks of bullshit, I had brand new truck.
^This! Happy to hear you're ok! If it is totalled, you could always upgrade to a 2013!!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #17
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Looks scary as hell. Could have been a lot worse.

I agree with everyone else, there is no way in hell I would want that truck back. That thing's toast.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #18
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
It's good your ok. If it were me, I would hope it was totaled. That's a lot of driveline, suspension, and frame damage. It would probably always have problems after this. Hope it all works out for you!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #19
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
glad you're alright. that looks bad... must be done for. driveline and suspension both look completely fucked
Old 04-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #20
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
No, dont get it fixed. Buy it back, then sell it for parts. Plenty of people needing taco parts. I'm sure you can make missy if not more money back parting it out.