Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 1.75 vs 2.5

Old 04-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 1.75 vs 2.5

Is there any noticeable difference in ride between the two from people who have done both? I have mine at 2.5 and it is stiff but I don't want to got through the hassle of dropping to 1.75 if it is a minor improvement. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
RESIST
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about stiffness. But the handling must be better. For mine at least. 2.5" just doesn't work for my caster.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
It depends on which coil springs you have up front. With TRD Off Road springs or Eibachs, you will probably notice a pretty significant difference by dropping down to 1.75. If you have the TRD Sport or SR5/Base coil springs, you'll likely notice some difference, but nothing hugely drastic. Off Road coils are progressive and Eibachs are a little more stiff than average. Neither like being preloaded that much which means they ride way stiffer at higher settings.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
I have the base sr5 springs
Old 04-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 04-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #6
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, don't have any specific experience from this but many out there do, I'm sure. Bump for you.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpAdct View Post
It depends on which coil springs you have up front. With TRD Off Road springs or Eibachs, you will probably notice a pretty significant difference by dropping down to 1.75. If you have the TRD Sport or SR5/Base coil springs, you'll likely notice some difference, but nothing hugely drastic. Off Road coils are progressive and Eibachs are a little more stiff than average. Neither like being preloaded that much which means they ride way stiffer at higher settings.
So how stiff will it ride with the TRD off road coils and setting the 5100s at 0.85 ?
Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #9
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
So how stiff will it ride with the TRD off road coils and setting the 5100s at 0.85 ?
Again, I have personal experience with that specifically, but from what I've read, .85 isn't to bad at all, but it does get worse from there.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #10
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Again, I have personal experience with that specifically, but from what I've read, .85 isn't to bad at all, but it does get worse from there.
oh ok that sounds good . Do you know about how much of a lift I can expect? Thank you for your reply.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #11
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
I'm stock SR5 with the 5100s set at .85. Rides just fine.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #12
autoloader is on a distinguished road
Name: Rodney
autoloader's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakabo View Post
Is there any noticeable difference in ride between the two from people who have done both? I have mine at 2.5 and it is stiff but I don't want to got through the hassle of dropping to 1.75 if it is a minor improvement. Thanks!
I put mine on at 2.5" for a month then changed to 1.75" due too concerns with alignment issues. 1.75" is a better ride for sure. I also have stock TRD coils.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #13
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoloader View Post
I put mine on at 2.5" for a month then changed to 1.75" due too concerns with alignment issues. 1.75" is a better ride for sure. I also have stock TRD coils.
Which TRD coils? Sport and Off Road coils are not the same.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #14
autoloader is on a distinguished road
Name: Rodney
autoloader's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Which TRD coils? Sport and Off Road coils are not the same.
Off Road.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #15
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
my sr5s with billies at 1.75 are great