Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

"Manager's Demo" Yea or Nay ?

Old 04-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #21
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubnetZero View Post
Thanks for all the input Grieby54 . I dont mind it being "used" actually, *IF* its priced accordingly... 1200 miles aint nuthin really if its priced right...
(both my drummer and Guitar player have had multiple tacomas with +270K miles on em)...
I completely agree - 1200 miles isn't much at all. But it's about 1190 more miles than I'd be willing to accept for the price you mentioned. Even if it had 2 miles on it they're asking too much.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #22
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'd show them this: http://www.mountainstatestoyota.com/...1c1a0ee032.htm

That's the truck you're looking for. It's $700 less than what they're offering you the truck for and it doesn't have 1200 miles on it. I got mine for $1,000 less by going to a dealership that doesn't stick to the "True Price."
Old 04-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #23
fireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud of
fireroad's Tacoma Gallery
Edmunds has a tool on their website called "True Market Value" that allows you to build the same vehicle with the same options and it shows you dealer invoice, msrp, and the average of what folks are paying for the same vehicle. I used it when I bought my truck and their dealer invoice estimate was within $75 of actual invoice. I used the tool to price out your particular vehicle and it came out to $32,793 invoice (in my area). So it sounds like they are offering it to you at invoice. FWIW I got my 2012 at invoice plus they kept my $500 year end rebate so $500 over invoice for a non-demo.

My salesmen was pretty straight with me because he was a friend of a friend. We ended getting down to $13 difference on our price. I asked him why he couldn't budge on $13 and he told me that Toyota does not allow then to sell a new vehicle at a loss to the dealer. Not sure if that is true with dealer demo vehicles or not.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #24
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
http://autos.aol.com/article/demo-cars/

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars...-demo-car.html

It's almost like buying a previous company car. Which I wouldn't recommend anyone do.

But if you can get them to come down on the price, I suppose you could go for it.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #25
Horsebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireroad View Post
My salesmen was pretty straight with me because he was a friend of a friend. We ended getting down to $13 difference on our price. I asked him why he couldn't budge on $13 and he told me that Toyota does not allow then to sell a new vehicle at a loss to the dealer. Not sure if that is true with dealer demo vehicles or not.

What your salesman told you is not true. I got my truck under invoice. Brand new. The link above shows them selling the truck under what you mentioned the invoice was. My finance guy told me that's the often than not new cars are sold at under invoice for the kickback from Toyota and the money from financing. Most of their money comes from either high volume or used car sales.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #26
fireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud of
fireroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
What your salesman told you is not true. I got my truck under invoice. Brand new. The link above shows them selling the truck under what you mentioned the invoice was. My finance guy told me that's the often than not new cars are sold at under invoice for the kickback from Toyota and the money from financing. Most of their money comes from either high volume or used car sales.
Not necessarily, what arrangements Toyota has with my small town/low volume dealer is most likely not the same as a large market/high volume dealer. Glad to hear you got your truck under invoice. What other factors were at play... such as trade-in, financing etc? Did the dealer provide you a copy of the invoice? Did it state the factory to dealer incentives, if any? It is true that used cars and financing are where dealers make their money. I was fortunate enough to pay cash plus trade-in for mine so I never had to deal with the finance guy. The guy that does all the paperwork for the title and what not showed me copies of everything so I do know that my dealer made no money on my deal until they sold my old truck. I was fortunate to get $1500 over NADA/KBB trade in value for my truck, which was the best I could have sold it for on my own in a small market.

The invoice estimate I mentioned was for the specific truck with specific options that the OP was referring too. The vehicle which you gave a link to has a few less options stated in the vehicle description and their no-haggle asking price is about $50 over estimated invoice, not under invoice.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #27
Horsebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireroad View Post
Not necessarily, what arrangements Toyota has with my small town/low volume dealer is most likely not the same as a large market/high volume dealer. Glad to hear you got your truck under invoice. What other factors were at play... such as trade-in, financing etc? Did the dealer provide you a copy of the invoice? Did it state the factory to dealer incentives, if any? It is true that used cars and financing are where dealers make their money. I was fortunate enough to pay cash plus trade-in for mine so I never had to deal with the finance guy. The guy that does all the paperwork for the title and what not showed me copies of everything so I do know that my dealer made no money on my deal until they sold my old truck. I was fortunate to get $1500 over NADA/KBB trade in value for my truck, which was the best I could have sold it for on my own in a small market.

The invoice estimate I mentioned was for the specific truck with specific options that the OP was referring too. The vehicle which you gave a link to has a few less options stated in the vehicle description and their no-haggle asking price is about $50 over estimated invoice, not under invoice.
The price I got from the dealer came before I even discussed financing with them. I had no trade-in and the dealer did provide the invoice.

The only options on the OP's truck that were missing on this truck were the exhaust tip and the tube steps.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #28
roadking1 is on a distinguished road
roadking1's Tacoma Gallery
they were not selling it at a loss.the dealer hold is not incliuded in the invoice.it is a minimum of $600.00 profit on a $30,000.00 truck.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #29
Horsebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadking1 View Post
they were not selling it at a loss.the dealer hold is not incliuded in the invoice.it is a minimum of $600.00 profit on a $30,000.00 truck.
I bought the truck at over $1000 under invoice. By my math, even if they tacked on $600 I'd still be below invoice...