Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

"Manager's Demo" Yea or Nay ?

Old 04-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
SubnetZero is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
SubnetZero's Tacoma Gallery
"Manager's Demo" Yea or Nay ?

Im looking at a 13 DCSB 4x4 with Off Road, Tow, Entune, Floor Mats/Sills, Chrome Tube Steps, and Exhaust Tip.
Sticker is 35,499
Their First Offer is $32,900 (7% off list)
All over the Net and I have not personally seen it yet.. Dealer is 90 miles away.
This is a "Manager Demo".. Im assuming this means the manager has been cruising it around..
Looking at info on net, it appears mixed bag of "loved the deal and zero problems with car" to "they are used, abused, and put away wet" stories...
Anybody have any experience with buy a dealer demo, and what kind of mark down they should put on it ?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Crydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Crydaddy's Tacoma Gallery
seems like a regular dealer discount on regular brand new vehicles to me. miles?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
Waiting for answer on number of miles before make the trip over..
Just trying to get a good idea on where I need to be numbers wise on it before I go over there...
Old 04-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't buy it.

A friend got one of those "demo's" when she traded in her taco for a 2011 Dodge Charger Mopar (#2xx/1000) and since owning it for roughly the last year and a half, i'm about the change her front brakes for the 3rd time.

Shifting her trans from P to D (or any shifting) it feels like the trans is gonna break itself. Actual driving is ok, but i'm prett sure the manager drove it like a racecar without bedding the brakes or breaking in the engine.

I guess it's possible that there is a side reason to sell the demo...free reign to fuck up a car and then sell it for 95% retail with a "clean" record.

If you're still interested, try and find out if it comes with an extended warranty on everything.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
they more than likely ran the crap out of it during their "demo." I would pass on it op.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubnetZero View Post
Im looking at a 13 DCSB 4x4 with Off Road, Tow, Entune, Floor Mats/Sills, Chrome Tube Steps, and Exhaust Tip.
Sticker is 35,499
Their First Offer is $32,900 (7% off list)
7% off sticker for a used vehicle? Forgetaboutit. You can probably get a similar deal on a new truck.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Pass on it . There's plenty of others to buy .
Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you'd be the first owner and it's the one you want with a good price, I say go for it. I bet it hasn't been abused. It has full warranty.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #10
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't refuse it because it was a demo. However, the price is too high, IMO.

I bought a demo sedan several years ago and got 100k trouble free miles out of it. My daughter got another 30k miles on it with no problems before she sold it.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #11
williegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to behold
williegreen33's Tacoma Gallery
I would buy it, but the price is to high. The miles should be less than 5k. You should be able to get an
Extended warrenty and other goodies thrown in. Ask for the moon. @ the end of the day, that is "new"
And has to leave the lot. They are paying on that car. Make sure you ask them to run it through service before closing the deal.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
Found out it has around 1200 miles on it.
Think im gonna take a look at it, see what kind of shape its in.. They're gonna have to come down some loot to get me to buy it and maybe throw in an extended warranty on top. Though its not been titled, that's a used car in my eyes (which I have always bought used before with no issue) and No way Im paying New Truck price for Used Truck..

Thanks for all the replies and help !!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #13
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
We got an FJ that was the managers demo. It had under 5000 miles and TRD trail team wheels with Pirelli Scorpion ATR rubber.

We got it for 7 grand off sticker. Great deal.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 2013 TRD O/R 4x4 with Entune/JBL/Nav, Door sill protrectors, etc... for $31,4XX. It had 5 miles on it when I picked it up. Not only are they asking for $1500 MORE than that, it's going to have 1500 miles on it and who knows how it was driven during the break in period. I could have added a stupid exhaust tip and some tube steps and still paid $1000 less than these yahoos are offering you. Walk away.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #15
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
You can buy a brand new one for the same price..
Old 04-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #16
I agree its priced too high..
Just trying to figure out what a fair price for it would be.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #17
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
depends on miles but I would say 30k IMO
Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
depends on miles but I would say 30k IMO
around 1200 and Thanks, thats actually about what I had in mind.. 30-31K...
Old 04-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
I agree. For a used 2013, I think $30k would be about right for that.
Thanks for all the input Grieby54 . I dont mind it being "used" actually, *IF* its priced accordingly... 1200 miles aint nuthin really if its priced right...
(both my drummer and Guitar player have had multiple tacomas with +270K miles on em)...