Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB 0393-09???

Old 04-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Daffy is on a distinguished road
Daffy's Tacoma Gallery
TSB 0393-09???

Hi all.

I'm putting my 2010 Sport into the shop for inspection and a transmission diagnosis. I'm gonna try to get them to give me the TSB 0393-09 flash for the transmission because the tranny is the only thing that I hate about my truck!

When it's cold and shifting from 4th-5th, it takes a couple of seconds to grab a gear. The engine races for a bit and then grabs 5th. Also, when going slow in 1st, when I give it gas the engine revs a bit before it takes 2nd gear. Not to mention that fact that all around the shift points are all over the place.

Anyway, what would you suggest I tell the dealership my problem is to maximize the chances they'll give me the TSB flash?

I hear a lot of folks have a hard time convincing the dealer that their problem fits the criteria for the flash. I just want to be able to describe a problem that's right in line with what they need to hear.

Thanks.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Just get them to do the pedal chop recall and that includes the brake override software plus the '09 tranny reflash
Old 04-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Daffy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Just get them to do the pedal chop recall and that includes the brake override software plus the '09 tranny reflash

Could you explain this further? I've never heard of what you speak...
Old 04-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
Daffy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks OZ-T.

I just read up on the pedal chop recall. I went out and checked my truck which I bought a year ago with 20K on it. The gas pedal looks really short already, but it's not chopped. It's an unmodified factory pedal. Is there any way to determine if I've gotten the recall done?

Would they have done the recall since it's a certified pre-owned vehicle?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Thanks OZ-T.

I just read up on the pedal chop recall. I went out and checked my truck which I bought a year ago with 20K on it. The gas pedal looks really short already, but it's not chopped. It's an unmodified factory pedal. Is there any way to determine if I've gotten the recall done?

Would they have done the recall since it's a certified pre-owned vehicle?
I think you should be able to get the VIN run at a dealership to determine what work has been performed on it
Old 04-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
The previous owner may have had the pedal replaced. They told me if I did not like the chop that they had replacement pedals but I would have to leave and come back. After much haggling I told them if they chopped or put a smaller pedal in my truck they would never see me again. They did the springs and tranny and left the pedal be. I complained about the first to second and downshift at first oil change. They said that is just the way it is and nothing they could do. Finally had the flash and much better. Keep after them.