1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB 0393-09???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Daffy, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Apr 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    Daffy

Daffy [OP] Member

Member:
    Collegeville, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD Sport
    Hi all.

I'm putting my 2010 Sport into the shop for inspection and a transmission diagnosis. I'm gonna try to get them to give me the TSB 0393-09 flash for the transmission because the tranny is the only thing that I hate about my truck!

When it's cold and shifting from 4th-5th, it takes a couple of seconds to grab a gear. The engine races for a bit and then grabs 5th. Also, when going slow in 1st, when I give it gas the engine revs a bit before it takes 2nd gear. Not to mention that fact that all around the shift points are all over the place.

Anyway, what would you suggest I tell the dealership my problem is to maximize the chances they'll give me the TSB flash?

I hear a lot of folks have a hard time convincing the dealer that their problem fits the criteria for the flash. I just want to be able to describe a problem that's right in line with what they need to hear.

Thanks.

2. Apr 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Just get them to do the pedal chop recall and that includes the brake override software plus the '09 tranny reflash

3. Apr 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    Daffy

Daffy [OP] Member

Member:
    Collegeville, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD Sport

Could you explain this further? I've never heard of what you speak...

4. Apr 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  5. Apr 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    Daffy

Daffy [OP] Member

Member:
    Collegeville, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD Sport
    Thanks OZ-T.

I just read up on the pedal chop recall. I went out and checked my truck which I bought a year ago with 20K on it. The gas pedal looks really short already, but it's not chopped. It's an unmodified factory pedal. Is there any way to determine if I've gotten the recall done?

Would they have done the recall since it's a certified pre-owned vehicle?

6. Apr 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    I think you should be able to get the VIN run at a dealership to determine what work has been performed on it

7. Apr 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    stump jumper

stump jumper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra 4x4 CM TSS
    The previous owner may have had the pedal replaced. They told me if I did not like the chop that they had replacement pedals but I would have to leave and come back. After much haggling I told them if they chopped or put a smaller pedal in my truck they would never see me again. They did the springs and tranny and left the pedal be. I complained about the first to second and downshift at first oil change. They said that is just the way it is and nothing they could do. Finally had the flash and much better. Keep after them.

Products Discussed in

To Top