Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New 2013 TRD Experience... Thoughts?

Old 04-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #41
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
The TRD is pretty nice and I wish the seats came with leather
They do in bitches

Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #42
13Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
13Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I would say that the only complaint I have is with the distance from seat position and wheel as stated. If I move the seat closer Im to close to pedals and back steering wheel seems far away. Other then that seems like everything else does what its supposed to. Seems like it gets up and goes as well as it should for being stock, not a race car but it moves. I came from a 2000 F250 7.3L and a few others before, newer and older and I would say its pretty nice.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #43
heavy user
mm1ssdv is on a distinguished road

Navy: nuke sub mechanic / diver
Name: Chris
mm1ssdv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
They do in bitches
hahaha
Old 04-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #44
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
I came from a 07 FJ that I loved but honestly I enjoy and love my Tacoma more. Maybe its because I had pick ups before. I don't know I just connect with the Taco more, can't explain it. Can't find anything wrong with the tacoma at all save for one...... Not enough money for mods!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:34 AM   #45
Deercamp has a spectacular aura aboutDeercamp has a spectacular aura about

Law Enforcement: Investigator
Name: Doug
Deercamp's Tacoma Gallery
Seats on my 2013 TRD Dbl Cab LB acceptable, however after installing Wet Okole covers I noticed a distinct improvement- sit a little higher and seat more firm - got the seat heaters (both sides) and lumbar support (passenger side). My wife finds the modified Tacoma seats more comfortable than the leather seats in our 2011 4Runner Ltd. So far very impressed with the Wet Okoles which I got through the recent group buy. (Didn't cover the rear seats as the seats are permanently folded down and covered with a mattress for my Setter and Weimaraner.)

The gun pouch option on the covers is worth the few extra bucks if you decide to order the covers.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:58 AM   #46
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Tacoma View Post
I would say that the only complaint I have is with the distance from seat position and wheel as stated. If I move the seat closer Im to close to pedals and back steering wheel seems far away. Other then that seems like everything else does what its supposed to. Seems like it gets up and goes as well as it should for being stock, not a race car but it moves. I came from a 2000 F250 7.3L and a few others before, newer and older and I would say its pretty nice.
Not sure if you know if the steering wheel telescopes in and out or not. There is a lever on the bottom side of the steering column that you pull down to release tension and then can push or pull the wheel in and out for better placement. Then flip the lever back to keep the position.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:12 AM   #47
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
Not sure if you know if the steering wheel telescopes in and out or not. There is a lever on the bottom side of the steering column that you pull down to release tension and then can push or pull the wheel in and out for better placement. Then flip the lever back to keep the position.
For those who are telling the op about the steering wheel, you are correct but for some of you it may have been a while since you sat in a 1st gen. Whatever dimensions toyota changed they definitely screwed with the seat/pedal/wheel combination. Without my padded seat covers I was never fully comfortable, and this really is probably due to your leg length vs arm length vs torso length. To be perfect for me I could use another inch or so of steering column length.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #48
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Sluggish acceleration, it's a truck, not a sports car.. my 11 feels fine. The seats are very supportive, I think you have an SR5, my sport seats are very firm.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:06 AM   #49
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
The TRD is pretty nice and I wish the seats came with leather
Quote:
They do in bitches

yes, along with government vehicle insurance that costs 4X as much as it's worth.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #50
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
Hesitant throttle? Can't say I've had that. My 2011 did once in a great while but my 13 rips chunks off the duratracs at any command. Actually don't know if there is a difference between the motors but my 13 definitely pulls harder.
^^ this. what the hell ? I mat this thing and instantly it lights up the
rears and traction control has to step in. wtf, I barely touch the throttle
and this thing wants to leap into action

OP, I say : NON issues. deal with it
Old 04-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #51
rtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
rtn1911's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer my 2013 to my 2004 "TRD".

The headrests suck, but I blame the feds, not Toyota. They suck on my 2011 VW Golf diesel too.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #52
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
yes, along with government vehicle insurance that costs 4X as much as it's worth.
Wtf is government vehicle insurance?
Old 04-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #53
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wut
Old 04-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #54
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They do in bitches

so what.. you cant get a pre runner in canada.. oh wait, looks like you still win.. crap.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #55
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapcinq View Post
Wtf is government vehicle insurance?
OZ has posted that he has no choice but buy vehicle insurance from the Canadian government.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #56
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OZ has posted that he has no choice but buy vehicle insurance from the Canadian government.

Weird.. we dont have that shit in Ontario.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #57
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-05-2013, 05:46 AM   #58
wahoo14 is on a distinguished road

wahoo14's Tacoma Gallery
My 2013 DCSB TRD OR had some sluggish acceleration when I bought it (13 miles on the odometer). After approximately 2K miles the sluggishness went away and acceleration is much better.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #59
Senior Member. Hey, what's That supposed to mean?
coma09 will become famous soon enoughcoma09 will become famous soon enough
coma09's Tacoma Gallery
13 access cab 4x4
Seats really good
Steering wheel could be closer
Acceleration is good. There is a flat spot in the early pedal travel, but not enough to complain. Really working just fine.
My 09 was a 4x2 and a 4 cyl. I feel it had a smoother ride, and the engine was pretty nice. The v6 though, has noticeably more pep.
So going from the 4 to the 6, sitting higher ... I like the transition.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #60
ThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ThomasMore66's Tacoma Gallery
My 13 TRD OR a) has leather, b)has tilting/telescoping steering, c) frequently has to engage the traction control, and d) fits me fine. Oh, the Entune is cool too - XM works, Pandora works. I can't think of one thing I don't like about this truck.