Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Considering selling my truck

Old 04-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
s1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: michael
s1nner's Tacoma Gallery
Considering selling my truck

Considering selling my truck-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365097059.489075.jpg
So I'm not dead set on selling yet, I'm just considering it. I really like this truck but I'm in the mood for something new. It's a 2006 Trd Offroad 4x4 with 80,000 miles on 37/13.50 toyos and 18x12 fuel hostages. Fabtech 6in, bilstiens, 3in body lift, custom paint (done the right way, this is not a maaco special. This is around an 8000 dollar paint job), and jl everything you could ever want inside...... Opinions?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I think you will lose your shirt.. 8k for just the paint? almost no one will pay more for the mods you did, infact some people may pass because of them.
Nice truck though, im just giving my opinion on selling it.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
2006, 4x4, with those miles...$20,000 at the most...
Old 04-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
it looks like Toyota's indigo ink color in the picture...what was the color before to justify the 8k paint job???
Old 04-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
No mod ever gets reflected in the sale price of a vehicle. If you are bored with the truck, sell it. I do have advice though. I find that people that visit forums based on their cars are not the average car owner. I always see people here and on the corvette forum that regret selling their vehicles later. The one they replace it with usually offers enjoyment for a short time then they want the old car back.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
s1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

s1nner's Tacoma Gallery
It was black sand. It's a new camaro color now I forget the name. It is much prettier in person the picture don't do it justice. It was completely disassembled for paint . The firewall and the floor are the only thing still black on it. Also the tailgate handle was shaved. I know people don't usually pay for mods and I really wouldn't expect anyone on here to make me an offer I can't refuse. On the other hand people will pay for something different, and around here this thing is the only truck like this. I have people stopping me/chasing me down and taking picures constantly. I have a lot of time / money in this truck and I won't let I go for blue book. I was thinking of putting it up for 26000 just to see what happens. It also still has a boer to bumper warranty for another 20000 miles that is transferable
Old 04-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #8

s1nner's Tacoma Gallery
Of I forgot it is also a 6spd. New clutch
Old 04-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck. i think asking 26000 isn't crazy. not sure you'd get it, but it's not a ludicrous price to ask for starters.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #11
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Dafuq are you doing?
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #12

s1nner's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah the black looked good but I think this looks better ha ha. I'm not trying to knock anyone over the head for it but at the same time I'm not just going to give it away. It want Hirt my feelings at all to keep it
Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #13
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Better to start high than low. I got 1000 more bucks than kelly blue book value when I sold my old first gen in January no where near as many mods as you but it was clean, and well taken care of ride so that matters to most I would think.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #14

s1nner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
Dafuq are you doing?
Ha ha I'm just exploring my options. Nothing is final till I hand the keys over. I'm just looking for unbiased opinions of the kind of people who look for stuff like this
Old 04-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #15

s1nner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
Better to start high than low. I got 1000 more bucks than kelly blue book value when I sold my old first gen in January no where near as many mods as you but it was clean, and well taken care of ride so that matters to most I would think.
It has definitly been taken care of. I do wheel it but mostly on the beach. There really isn't too many places near me to go
Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #16
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it, that's an awesome truck!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #17
DSB4UA is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DSB4UA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
I believe I paid $500-$1000 more than KBB for my taco...and it too was clean and well taken care of, thus I didn't mind at all. Also, it all depends on the right buyer, Some may not pay $26K, but some guy who's never had a taco and really wants one, very well may.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
akaryanreynolds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1nner View Post
It was black sand. It's a new camaro color now I forget the name. It is much prettier in person the picture don't do it justice. It was completely disassembled for paint . The firewall and the floor are the only thing still black on it. Also the tailgate handle was shaved. I know people don't usually pay for mods and I really wouldn't expect anyone on here to make me an offer I can't refuse. On the other hand people will pay for something different, and around here this thing is the only truck like this. I have people stopping me/chasing me down and taking picures constantly. I have a lot of time / money in this truck and I won't let I go for blue book. I was thinking of putting it up for 26000 just to see what happens. It also still has a boer to bumper warranty for another 20000 miles that is transferable

Truck looks blue to me
Old 04-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #19

s1nner's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks ! Oh yeah I know it's gonna take the right buyer. Or someone that wants to put together something like it. If that is the case you won't be able to beat that price. If you started adding shit up to get to the point I am with this thing it get real expensive real quick.
Not to mention all the trial and error to get all this stuff right.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #20

s1nner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
Truck looks blue to me
It is blue ha ha sortof. Like I said the pictures don't do it justice.