Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Down South Motorsport's 5100 purchase

Old 04-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
Mudphish has a spectacular aura aboutMudphish has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andre
Mudphish's Tacoma Gallery
Down South Motorsport's 5100 purchase

Anyone ever deal with these folks? They have a great price on 5100's.

Also anyone have a pic of a 2013 TRD OR stock rims leveled using 5100's

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
PLEEEEEEEEEEENTY of people have, and I highly recommend them...
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
I rate them A+++
Old 04-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
SAY MY NAME
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
They're definitely recommended.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Highly recommended. Check the vendor section, and the vendor reviews. Lots of happy customers.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/downsouth-motorsports/

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/vendor-reviews/
Old 04-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Shoot all i did was call them and from that conversation alone, i can tell they are committed to good customer service. I'd refer them to anyone.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, buy from them
Old 04-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
Thanks for the positive feedback I have been trying to decide weather to level with a spacer kit or go the 5100 route. The deciding factor was with all the reading I have done on this forum I could never find a solid answer about using a block kit, however lots of good info on taking the 5100 route.

And for that I thank you all.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #11
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudphish View Post
Thanks for the positive feedback I have been trying to decide weather to level with a spacer kit or go the 5100 route. The deciding factor was with all the reading I have done on this forum I could never find a solid answer about using a block kit, however lots of good info on taking the 5100 route.

And for that I thank you all.
I would go with 5100's over spacer or block any day.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
Tacoma SD is on a distinguished road

Name: Cameron
Tacoma SD's Tacoma Gallery
+1,000,000,000 on the 5100's. Best thing I did to my truck so far! They are a fantastic vendor online and in person.

I work right across the freeway from them and went in to get a quote and ended up just paying them right then and there. Well worth the money. I paid $320 or so for all four. I decided to lift mine the right way to 2.5" with these. I read too much negative feedback on the spacers and even my mechanic agreed they don't lift the truck naturally and it messes up more then just alignment. Hope this helps some.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #13
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
^^^stretched taco!
J/K! looks great
Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #14
RomeoTango will become famous soon enough

Army: CW4(R) - Wolf Pack
RomeoTango's Tacoma Gallery
I just received my 5100s from them earlier this week. Called them at one point to check status and they were extremely polite and professional. Seems like a good company.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #15
Tacoma SD your truck looks awesome, I hit the jackpot with you guys thanks again for the feedback.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
got my set for my 06 and my 10 tacoma, they are so amazing to work with and will answer any questions. Highly Recommended!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #17
Tacoma SD is on a distinguished road

Name: Cameron
Tacoma SD's Tacoma Gallery
Anytime.

And thanks! Id say its a "healthy" looking lift nothing crazy, but sets it apart from bone stock trucks.

Stretched I'm guessing means long bed? haha
Old 04-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
TACO626 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve O
TACO626's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome prices and customer service! Free shipping!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #19
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
DSM is an awesome business with awesome staff/customer service.

Ill put it this way, even when they didn't have the parts I needed, they kept in touch via email to make sure I was able to track the part down.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Dsm has gotten parts for people in a pinch....we had a member who's strut snapped (stock with a spacer).....dsm was out of 5100s, but made a few phone calls for our member and found a set for him and got his truck on the road in time for him to get to work.

They have the best prices and customer support ever.....the knowledge there is insane!

Even tho they have the best prices around, id still order from them if there was another authorized shop selling the same stock for less..... The crew at DSM is unlike any shop I've ever dealt with.