Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Truck is all fixed!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:47 AM   #1
BIGGJERRYC is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerry
BIGGJERRYC's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is all fixed!

Went from this... (when I hit a deer at 65)

Hopefully you have a strong stomach

And now (had my body guy color match the grill. looks a little funky because of the frost on my hood) Looking up close, you cannot tell anything ever happened.

A big thanks to Todd @ New Creations in Telford PA

He mostly does high end restoration jobs and insurance claims. I have seen plenty of his work and have never seen anything other than perfection, so if anyone is in need, PM me for contact info or just google New Creations.

Also picked these seat covers up from craigslist for $50. I am a truck driver so there is always a chance of having heavy grease on my clothes. These ease my mind a bit

I am having my rear bumper color matched as well in the next week or so. Will post pictures then
Old 04-05-2013, 03:58 AM   #2
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Can't say the same for bambi.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:01 AM   #3
OldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud of

Army: Desert Storm Vet.
Name: Adam
OldGeezer42's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing what good body man can do,looks good. Might have to invest in some deer armor .
Old 04-05-2013, 04:38 AM   #4
car78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

car78412's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is looking good. Very nice job! Wish his shop was close to me. Can't find a quality shop around here.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGeezer42 View Post
Amazing what good body man can do,looks good. Might have to invest in some deer armor .
Im looking into it. Ive been searching this forum for days trying to figure out which bumper id go with
Old 04-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGJERRYC View Post
Im looking into it. Ive been searching this forum for days trying to figure out which bumper id go with
4 words

ARB Deluxe bull bar.

rated for the outback in nailing kangaroos and i've seen about 2 threads on their effect on bambi that walk in front. the damage is minimal and it's a beefy ass looking piece of armour. Its the one im going for when suspension money comes.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
The truck came out looking just like new. I had the same thing happen last winter....I upgraded with the $ the insurance company gave me. I average at least 1 deer every 3 to 4 years. They're everywhere around here.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Granted it was a small deer that didn't do as much damage as I would think. I picture my first gen with the plastic bumper completely caving in/totaled if I hit a deer
Old 04-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: SSgt. USMC
Name: Chad
1ToughTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD6Speed View Post
mmmm.........venicen
Venison
Old 04-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ToughTRD View Post
Venison
Ya that too lol......should spell checked
Old 04-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
Chris b.
western88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
western88's Tacoma Gallery
nice job on the repair.. alas.. the deer is dinner table food yum!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #13

Yeah, I have no idea why it didn't do more damage. I didn't have time to hit the brakes and never left my lane... I just slammed right into it. Truck held up really good which I am very happy about.