Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Power Door Locks

Old 08-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Power Door Locks

I've noticed that occassionally my power door locks will lock themselves but sometimes they don't. I'm guessing that as long as the keys are in the ignition or if only the driver's side door is unlocked, they won't autolock. Is this right? I thought maybe I was accidentally hitting the lock button on my remote but I held them out while the entire truck was unlocked and it locked after about a minute. Is this the way they're supposed to work?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
If you unlock the door and then dont open it they automatically lock after 20 seconds or something like that, but if you open and close the door and they still lock without you hitting the button then i dont know what to tell you
Old 08-29-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
I've had it lock with the passenger door open.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Thats weird. So let me get this straight. you hit "unlock", you open the passenger side door, and after a few minutes, while the door is still open, it locks? i just wanted tomake sure i had the procedure right cause i'll test it out on my truck when i get home, i just wanna be able to re-create your scenario.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Thats weird. So let me get this straight. you hit "unlock", you open the passenger side door, and after a few minutes, while the door is still open, it locks? i just wanted tomake sure i had the procedure right cause i'll test it out on my truck when i get home, i just wanna be able to re-create your scenario.
Yes, all other doors closed.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #6

nd's Tacoma Gallery
If this thunderstorm lets up i'll try it when i get home.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #7

Looks like for me it's the front seat passenger door that does it. Opening the any rear passenger door prevents the autolock.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:05 PM   #8
Flash3876 is on a distinguished road
Flash3876's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 08-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #9

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I'm starting to wonder if some of these trucks have a computer issue. If i open my passenger side door and leave it open it doesnt lock back, nor will it lock if i close it and dont touch any of the other doors. However, i've noticed that my recycle air button turns itself on and off. I leave my AC on when i turn my truck off, and i never turn off the recycle air button, but sometimes when i crank my truck up, the button is off. And once or twice it has turned off while i was driving. It's not a problem or something i will take it back to the dealer for since all i have to do is reach down and press a button, and it only happens two or three times a week. Anyone else have an issue with their recycle air button having a mind of its own?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:05 AM   #10

I haven't had any issues with the recycle button. Mine's been on since I bought it.

It looks like mine is just not registering the opening of the front passenger door. It takes about the same amount of time as not opening any doors. It isn't really a big deal I guess.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #11

nd's Tacoma Gallery
No it doesnt sound like a big deal, but it will be if you ever lock your keys in your truck because of it. I dont think i would make a special trip to the dealer because of it but i would probably mention it next time your up there for whatever reason
Old 09-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #12

I figured out the problem to my door locks. The front passenger door is not registering as open. I noticed it last night. The dome light doesn't come on when that door is open. I also looked at the dash and the idiot light doesn't indicate that the door is open or ajar like it does with the other doors. Definitely a safety hazzard.