Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

traded my Taco for Ram 1500 8 speed 21mpg ! Shame on Toyota. ..

Old 04-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #301
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Sun Lover View Post
I most likely got the newest 2013 Tacoma Access Cab here. It's totally gutless with the 2.7L and a 5 speed manual transmission on the very UNDERSIZED rubber. It's way over geared as I can get up to 70 MPH in 2nd gear @ the 5600 redline! Also rides like my fathers 59 Cadillac. Feels like your driving a waterbed. Buy time I pay for a re-gear, try to add HP to the motor and fix the suspension issues, I could have bought a fully loaded anything else. Only thing Toyota has going is they are mostly reliable. The gutless POS better be.

AZ

Why don't you bit the bullet and trade up? Seems like alot of work making something of what you perceive as just about nothing.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #302
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't buy from GM or Dodge/Chrysler. Bailouts. Ford, absolutely.

Good luck with the truck. You'll need it.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #303
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I most likely got the newest 2013 Tacoma Access Cab here. It's totally gutless with the 2.7L and a 5 speed manual transmission on the very UNDERSIZED rubber. It's way over geared as I can get up to 70 MPH in 2nd gear @ the 5600 redline! Also rides like my fathers 59 Cadillac. Feels like your driving a waterbed. Buy time I pay for a re-gear, try to add HP to the motor and fix the suspension issues, I could have bought a fully loaded anything else. Only thing Toyota has going is they are mostly reliable. The gutless POS better be.

AZ
YOU chose the vehicle. YOUR fault.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #304
MightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Gabriel
MightyMouse-SCT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
I wouldn't buy from GM or Dodge/Chrysler. Bailouts. Ford, absolutely.

Good luck with the truck. You'll need it.

yawn , ,

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/for...n-on-bailouts/
Old 04-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #305
Kylie's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...te_116473.html

Yawn? Your link proves my point. There's a difference between a bailout which will never be paid back and a loan. How stupid not to know the difference.

YAWN.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #306
MightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...te_116473.html

Yawn? Your link proves my point. There's a difference between a bailout which will never be paid back and a loan. How stupid not to know the difference.

YAWN.

read again . same shit, , how stupid to think ford is absolutely so clean
Old 04-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #307
Ford did not receive any money under AIFP, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t get any federal assistance.

Although Ford did not need money from the $80 billion bailout program, Ford did receive $5.9 billion in government loans in 2009 to retool its manufacturing plants to produce more fuel-efficient cars, and the company lobbied for and benefited from the cash-for-clunkers program — contrary to the ad’s testimonial that Ford is “standing on their own.”

june 2011

TARP's Automotive Industry Financing Program provided a total of $79.69 billion to the auto companies. Of that, $39.61 billion has been repaid — roughly half. That's not a "small share."
Old 04-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #308
Kylie's dad

Quote:
read again . same shit
Take your own advice. Chrysler and GM took bailouts that taxpayers are losing huge money on, to the tune of $20 billion (revised) with GM.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/auto...lion-1C8340261

No private entity should receive taxpayer money to bail them out. Neither you nor I would.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #309
Kylie's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by moulin6801 View Post
hey guys at trade my Tacoma for 2013 RAM 1500 crew cab. Much nicer, bigger, smooth ride, leather etc... better and in almost every way.
It is a shame on Toyota for not have improved this truck at all in 8 years! Hard to believe that a big V8, hemi 4x4 is giving me the same mpg !!!
I am also writing this and hope it that somebody from Toyota may Read this and realize that they need to do much better if they want to stay on top.
Take care guys !
I'll be around for a little longer because I have a couple more parts for sale from my taco.
Bed extender and nerf bar.
Cheers!
I do agree the MPG should be better. I'm hoping that will be the case with the next generation.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #310
CLODHOPPER is on a distinguished road

CLODHOPPER's Tacoma Gallery
fellas fellas, cmon now lets just all get along! remember were all tacoma lovers here... just agree to disagree and let it be lol
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #311
Kylie's dad

^HA! This place has turned into "another website" that used to be popular. A lot of nonsense around here anymore and it isn't coming from longtime members.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #312
CLODHOPPER is on a distinguished road

CLODHOPPER's Tacoma Gallery
Well of course bro! dont you know by default that 18 year olds on TW are 10 feet tall and bulletproof?? I thought everyone knew that
Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #313
Quote:
Take your own advice. Chrysler and GM took bailouts that taxpayers are losing huge money on, to the tune of $20 billion (revised) with GM.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/auto...lion-1C8340261

No private entity should receive taxpayer money to bail them out. Neither you nor I would.
do you have a family member who fell into the housing bubble ? I'm sure most people do or know somebody who has . Some were bailed out with short sales and restructured contracts . Do you hate them too ?

I'm also sure you don't bank at any bank either because just about all received some bailout assistance .
Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #314
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
I qualify under HARP2... could reduce my monthly payment by $400.

But I was not raised that way.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #315
Kylie's dad

Quote:
do you have a family member who fell into the housing bubble ? I'm sure most people do or know somebody who has . Some were bailed out with short sales and restructured contracts . Do you hate them too ?

I'm also sure you don't bank at any bank either because just about all received some bailout assistance .
A short sale or restructured contract isn't a union bailout. Government regulations are what created the bubble in the first place (via the CRA).

Maybe I wasn't clear: No private entity should receive taxpayer money to bail them out. No car company, no bank, no airline, nothing.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #316
Kylie's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I qualify under HARP2... could reduce my monthly payment by $400.

But I was not raised that way.
Nor was I. Personal responsibility. Respect.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #317
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A short sale or restructured contract isn't a union bailout. Government regulations are what created the bubble in the first place (via the CRA).

Maybe I wasn't clear: No private entity should receive taxpayer money to bail them out. No car company, no bank, no airline, nothing.
could be argued that is was deregulation that caused it too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx_LWm6_6tA - nice educational vid

....But thats neither here nor there. Good luck with the new truck!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #318
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jux View Post
So garden tractors and golf carts with a truck bed? Hmm.. not interested.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #319
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

AZ
dafuq? So lemme get this straight. You just got a new truck with the small engine and a 5 speed with stock tires and are complaining it's not fast enough? Were you planning to race it? My TRD sport has a pretty stiff suspension compared to most modern vehicles, but that's what I bought and it's still pretty comfortable to drive..

Why did you buy the 4-banger if you need to add hp?!?! and WHAT SUSPENSION ISSUES?!?!?!

Jebus.. Really? Go trade it in and be grateful it has retained more value than any other brand of truck and get whatever it is you think you want.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #320
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery