Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

traded my Taco for Ram 1500 8 speed 21mpg ! Shame on Toyota. ..

Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #321
CLODHOPPER is on a distinguished road

CLODHOPPER's Tacoma Gallery
fellas fellas, cmon now lets just all get along! remember were all tacoma lovers here... just agree to disagree and let it be lol
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #322
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^HA! This place has turned into "another website" that used to be popular. A lot of nonsense around here anymore and it isn't coming from longtime members.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #323
CLODHOPPER is on a distinguished road

CLODHOPPER's Tacoma Gallery
Well of course bro! dont you know by default that 18 year olds on TW are 10 feet tall and bulletproof?? I thought everyone knew that
Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #324
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Take your own advice. Chrysler and GM took bailouts that taxpayers are losing huge money on, to the tune of $20 billion (revised) with GM.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/auto...lion-1C8340261

No private entity should receive taxpayer money to bail them out. Neither you nor I would.
do you have a family member who fell into the housing bubble ? I'm sure most people do or know somebody who has . Some were bailed out with short sales and restructured contracts . Do you hate them too ?

I'm also sure you don't bank at any bank either because just about all received some bailout assistance .
Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #325
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
I qualify under HARP2... could reduce my monthly payment by $400.

But I was not raised that way.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #326
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
do you have a family member who fell into the housing bubble ? I'm sure most people do or know somebody who has . Some were bailed out with short sales and restructured contracts . Do you hate them too ?

I'm also sure you don't bank at any bank either because just about all received some bailout assistance .
A short sale or restructured contract isn't a union bailout. Government regulations are what created the bubble in the first place (via the CRA).

Maybe I wasn't clear: No private entity should receive taxpayer money to bail them out. No car company, no bank, no airline, nothing.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #327
Kylie's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post

But I was not raised that way.
Nor was I. Personal responsibility. Respect.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #328
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A short sale or restructured contract isn't a union bailout. Government regulations are what created the bubble in the first place (via the CRA).

Maybe I wasn't clear: No private entity should receive taxpayer money to bail them out. No car company, no bank, no airline, nothing.
could be argued that is was deregulation that caused it too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx_LWm6_6tA - nice educational vid

....But thats neither here nor there. Good luck with the new truck!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #329
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jux View Post
So garden tractors and golf carts with a truck bed? Hmm.. not interested.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #330
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Sun Lover View Post
I most likely got the newest 2013 Tacoma Access Cab here. It's totally gutless with the 2.7L and a 5 speed manual transmission on the very UNDERSIZED rubber. It's way over geared as I can get up to 70 MPH in 2nd gear @ the 5600 redline! Also rides like my fathers 59 Cadillac. Feels like your driving a waterbed. Buy time I pay for a re-gear, try to add HP to the motor and fix the suspension issues, I could have bought a fully loaded anything else. Only thing Toyota has going is they are mostly reliable. The gutless POS better be.

AZ
dafuq? So lemme get this straight. You just got a new truck with the small engine and a 5 speed with stock tires and are complaining it's not fast enough? Were you planning to race it? My TRD sport has a pretty stiff suspension compared to most modern vehicles, but that's what I bought and it's still pretty comfortable to drive..

Why did you buy the 4-banger if you need to add hp?!?! and WHAT SUSPENSION ISSUES?!?!?!

Jebus.. Really? Go trade it in and be grateful it has retained more value than any other brand of truck and get whatever it is you think you want.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #331
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #332
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Lol 336 posts. Epic troll is epic.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #333
dawgrules has a spectacular aura aboutdawgrules has a spectacular aura about
dawgrules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sde780 View Post
Sounds like you need to pull your head out of your ass

I'm not a fan of Mopar but they're automobiles and they work, every manufacturer is going to have shit wrong with them
Look! a tough guy with a keyboard!
If I applied your idiot logic I might as well drive a Yugo- they work when delivered and, if you compared, say, alternator brackets, I'd almost bet the Yugo's is designed, made and finished better. Facts are annoying things aren't they?

BTW I agree this is hilarious!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #334
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
If you bought any other full-size truck, I would say "Cool, enjoy it", but Dodge Rams are fugly. You need to go back to the dealer. Maybe they have a remorseful buyer period.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #335
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Ford did not receive any money under AIFP, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t get any federal assistance.

Although Ford did not need money from the $80 billion bailout program, Ford did receive $5.9 billion in government loans in 2009 to retool its manufacturing plants to produce more fuel-efficient cars, and the company lobbied for and benefited from the cash-for-clunkers program — contrary to the ad’s testimonial that Ford is “standing on their own.”

june 2011

TARP's Automotive Industry Financing Program provided a total of $79.69 billion to the auto companies. Of that, $39.61 billion has been repaid — roughly half. That's not a "small share."
Still we missing a lot of money and will never get it back. I am with Wilson on this one. F...k GM, I will never buy their car and won,t let my kids ever buy one either.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 AM   #336
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see what the fuss is over, let the man spend his money. Waste you say? I know plenty of Dodge owners that are completely satisfied with their trucks, maybe he will be one of those said satisfied owners later on.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:20 AM   #337
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^HA! This place has turned into "another website" that used to be popular. A lot of nonsense around here anymore and it isn't coming from longtime members.
So true man, oh and thanks for the new sig!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #338
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I travel on the interstate everyday going to work. If I see a disabled vehicle on the shoulder there is 8/10 chance its a Chyrsler product.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #339
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Originally Posted by Rich91710

But I was not raised that way

Quote:
Nor was I. Personal responsibility. Respect.
Same reason I bought responsibly and with what I could afford every month, not the total $$ the bank approved me for. I'd rather not have had to rehab most of the house top to bottom but that's what I was able to afford.

What mainly gets me is GM dug their own hole. I drove GM for 22 yrs and the fiasco when the engine went in my Colorado last year under warranty was disgusting. Nothing but lies, runaround, and finger pointing..I told the GM rep "now I see why you got in so much hot water, and not only as a customer but as a taxpayer I support you to get treated this way?"
Old 04-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #340
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
Still we missing a lot of money and will never get it back. I am with Wilson on this one. F...k GM, I will never buy their car and won,t let my kids ever buy one either.
So when your kids are like 30 you're going to tell them what vehicles they can and can't buy?