Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bad idea?

Old 04-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Bad idea?

Is it a bad idea to start modding after 100k miles on the truck?
Old 04-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaqori View Post
^^^^^this and this vvvvvvvv
Quote:
Girlfriend + Truck = Empty wallet.

It's never too late.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Some would say it's the perfect time. A lot of parts are fairly worn, so if you want to make a change, why not?
Old 04-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
^^^^^this and this vvvvvvvv

It's never too late.
That's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Some would say it's the perfect time. A lot of parts are fairly worn, so if you want to make a change, why not?
All right. Thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #5
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I agree with this sentiment. While I don't think it's the best idea to throw tens of thousands into an older truck, if you need to replace parts as they're wearing, why not upgrade to better replacement parts as you come across them.

That being said, I would make sure all your maintenance is up to date before you start going the mods route.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
Poseidon is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
Poseidon's Tacoma Gallery
seems like the perfect time to me. if you are going to put money into it, you might as well do it now so you can replace any worn out parts on the way.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #7
rickc5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Rick
rickc5's Tacoma Gallery
As long as you're happy, do it! Just don't expect the money spent to be some sort of investment. Mods won't increase the value of the truck enough to cover the cost. I agree with the other posters that with 100K miles, replacing worn parts with better parts isn't a bad idea.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If it was an American truck, then yeah I'd say it was a bad idea . But with a Toyota, I see plenty of life left (assuming it's not all rusted out, etc. to begin with).

As previously mentioned, when it's time to replace parts, why not upgrade? I bought my 02 Taco with 102K+ miles on it. In super clean condition, but with the original suspension still. Perfect reason to upgrade the entire suspension
Old 04-15-2013, 05:47 AM   #9
MOλΩN λABE

xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez View Post
If it was an American truck, then yeah I'd say it was a bad idea . But with a Toyota, I see plenty of life left (assuming it's not all rusted out, etc. to begin with).

As previously mentioned, when it's time to replace parts, why not upgrade? I bought my 02 Taco with 102K+ miles on it. In super clean condition, but with the original suspension still. Perfect reason to upgrade the entire suspension
Nicely put