1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Extended Warranty

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacomaFL, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Jun 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    Soft Taco

Soft Taco For Love of Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2016 4WD Auto DCLB TRD Sport
    I bought my 13' with GAP and Extended Warranty (7yr/100k). I thought , why not?

$833 for Gap

$1700 for Warranty

Found out my insurance (USAA) sells their version of GAP for $269 and also realized I was made a fool by paying that much for warranty. Reversed both immdiately. The dealer tried and tried to change my mind but I wouldn't have it. Best part is, this was AFTER they sent me the "thank you for your purchase" cookies that came in a toyota collectors tin can. And they were damn good btw. Except for the oatmeal raisin. I hate raisin.

2. Jun 4, 2013 at 12:02 AM
    Soft Taco

Soft Taco For Love of Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2016 4WD Auto DCLB TRD Sport
    I would say that after YEARS of Troy's warranties being sold here... Your dealer is acting on their natural and most viable defense to a good deal... bullshitting you. BUT... I could be wrong.

3. Jun 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    Goflight2

Goflight2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Southern Cal
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2011 4x4 LB
    TRD Supercharger Snug top SL Window Tint 5% rear, 35% front, 40% windshield Avid Off Road bolt on sliders Andres Toyota Horns Hard-wired Garmin Nav Weather Techs 5100's in front Rear TSB Bed Extender OEM Roofrack TRD Exhaust Ultra gauge 18" Monster XD's on Nitto Terra Grapplers
    I'm buying my 8/125000 from a local Toyota dealership (my buddy works there) for $1500. The main reason I'm getting mine is because of my supercharger. Platinum, 0 deductible.
    Truck is 4x4, btw.

4. Jun 4, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    bolio

bolio Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    08 trd OR 4x4
    Their full of it. When I bought my truck in 08 the finance guy told me something similar, that it was a regional thing and it wouldn't be honored in the gulf states, bs off course. Right before my 100k extended warranty expired my alternator went out and took out my battery as well. Both replaced under the warranty, it's a national Toyota warranty. Their job is to make as much profit from each Toyota sold, most will lie and deceit.

Products Discussed in

To Top