Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Keyless entry install help

Old 04-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
iitywygms is on a distinguished road

iitywygms's Tacoma Gallery
Keyless entry install help

Hi All:

I will be installing a keyless entry into my 2011 base soon. I have been searching for clues. Basically which colour wire I should tap into for flashing the lights, dome light, and horn.
No luck so far. Can anyone point me toward some post that contain clues?
Does anyone know for sure which wires I should use?
If there is a how to somewhere that would be great. If not, I will take some pics and post up what I find.
Thanks to all.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Any instructions? It should be in the directions.
I installed an alarm(in the past).PAIN IN THE ASS-LOL.
The alarm website was VALUABLE-had all the info that was needed.
Never installed the "horn" Just the engine disable.
HAVE FUN.
Just keyless entry? Check the manufactures website.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #3

The instructions I have say "attatch to vehicles horn wire, or dome wire, but do not specify which wire colour it is or where.
The keyless system I purchased is a Avital 2101L keyles entry system, if that helps.
One reason I am asking is because I know the Tacoma has a delayed dome light, which could cause issue with the install.

edit

I did find this.
http://wiringinstructions.com/v2/wir...ntsubmit=PRINT
2009 should be the same as the 2011?
Old 04-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
If it is keyless only and not an alarm, are you sure you REALLY want the horn honking at 5am when you leave to go to work? Nothing like announcing your arrival and departure to everyone.
IMHO, the stock Toyota beep can be a bit annoying, but at least it's not going to bother the neighbors.

For the dome light, there is a blue wire in the A-pillar. Ground it and the light will come on.
Parking lights can be accessed on the back of the fuse box behind the change pocket.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #5

True. I may not hook up the horn.
I will trace the blue wire to a location behind/near the dash and use that.
Thanks for the help.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
horn in the morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
If it is keyless only and not an alarm, are you sure you REALLY want the horn honking at 5am when you leave to go to work? Nothing like announcing your arrival and departure to everyone.
IMHO, the stock Toyota beep can be a bit annoying, but at least it's not going to bother the neighbors.

For the dome light, there is a blue wire in the A-pillar. Ground it and the light will come on.
Parking lights can be accessed on the back of the fuse box behind the change pocket.
GOOD POINT!!!