Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Compass/ temp console hook up

Old 04-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
-Doomsday Squad-"game over man"
RaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud of

RaginCajun's Tacoma Gallery
Compass/ temp console hook up

So I finally bought a overhead console with the temp/compass . My truck was pre-wired above in the overhead console. I also was able to get a sensor cause my truck didn't have one. I can NOT find the plug to plug into the sensor. I read other posts about finding the plug under the horns,,but I can't find it.
How much do y'all think the dealership would charge to run this plug?
Thx for all input
Old 04-08-2013, 02:03 AM   #2
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
So I finally bought a overhead console with the temp/compass . My truck was pre-wired above in the overhead console. I also was able to get a sensor cause my truck didn't have one. I can NOT find the plug to plug into the sensor. I read other posts about finding the plug under the horns,,but I can't find it.
How much do y'all think the dealership would charge to run this plug?
Thx for all input
buy your own wires from radioshack, and run your own wires. check the 1C connector(look behind the coin tray, driver side). look at the 1C connector next to that 30 fuse, see the gray and black wires(pins 1 and 3) if you don't have any wires there, install your own plug there and run em in front of the radiator. those are the 2 wires that go on front of the radiator and that is plugged into the ambient temp sensor. I used 20gauge wires from RadioShack.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
-Doomsday Squad-"game over man"
RaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud of

RaginCajun's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks !
Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
no problemo bro. got the info from this thread. it gets more into detail about it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...r-install.html