Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What do you think about that? DTRL Leds with BHLM

Old 04-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #21
wade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
Name: Ross
wade9986's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem with the painted reflectors. I'm thinking about taking the headlights apart and spraying the reflector with chrome spray paint to get more brightness from the LED.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #22
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade9986 View Post
I have the same problem with the painted reflectors. I'm thinking about taking the headlights apart and spraying the reflector with chrome spray paint to get more brightness from the LED.
Black reflector + Chrome paint onto it = A less visibility, isn't it? Don't you think there is a way to change the reflector? Can we buy only the reflector? Or BREAK it, so no need to take out the cover with the oven
Old 04-10-2013, 01:09 AM   #23
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra View Post
If I do that it will make a white "hole" on the headlights. You don't think so?
No. Not if you are thinking what I'm thinking.

-Take apart the headlight
-Remove signal light lens
-Sand backside of signal light lens with fine paper

This will make the lens diffuse the focused light beam of the LEDs, making the entire square of the lens look lit.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #24

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post

This will make the lens diffuse the focused light beam of the LEDs, making the entire square of the lens look lit.
OH yes,
Old 04-10-2013, 01:48 AM   #25

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I will try that. I hope to find a oven which fits my headlight. Mine are small
Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #26
wade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
Name: Ross
wade9986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Black reflector + Chrome paint onto it = A less visibility, isn't it? Don't you think there is a way to change the reflector? Can we buy only the reflector? Or BREAK it, so no need to take out the cover with the oven
Problem solved. Just ordered some Anzo headlights.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
If you do some research many people say that LED's just can't match the output of the incandescent bulbs in daylight.

I plan on trying these, they look promising but they are expensive.
http://www.vleds.com/vehicle-specifi...n-signals.html
I like this, and could justify the price if there was no resistor you have to splice in, is it plug and play?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #28
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I like this, and could justify the price if there was no resistor you have to splice in, is it plug and play?
Quote:
Features:
NEW! Smaller Control Module with built in Resistor. No Hyperflash! The load can easily be removed if desired.
NEW! Automotive Weatherproof Connectors
DRL Smart Control. Automatically switches high input DRL signal to white LEDs
Optically engineered lens that maximizes viewing range.
6 Philips Rebel 3W LEDs.
All aluminum construction
Adjustable positioning in housing for a more precise focal point in the reflector.
50% dim parking (white) mode when headlights are on.
Universal design for easy installation
50,000 hour lifespan
Lifetime warranty
Patent Pending 2012
Looks like it's pnp from the quote on the website.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #29

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade9986 View Post
Problem solved. Just ordered some Anzo headlights.
Let's see the results when you install it
Old 04-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #30

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I plan to sand it without taking apart the headlight, just by the bulb's hole behind the headlight (don't have an oven which fits)
Old 04-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #31
BarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant future

BarefootBandit's Tacoma Gallery
When I did my BHLM I had the same idea. I made sure I didn't paint the reflective part of the turn signal and pulled out the amber lens. My truck does not have DTRL but I figured if it did, it would be interesting to have the turn signals look like a second set of headlights within the headlights.

I ran clear halogen turn signal bulbs for a while, but switched them back when I realized how overly bright my turn signals had become.

Keeping the reflectiveness also helps with the lighting of the Whelen Vertex I have mounted.

Too bad I ruined the inside with a power washer. Fixed that with some silicone though.
Attached Thumbnails
What do you think about that? DTRL Leds with BHLM-2013-04-14_19-12-45_611.jpg  
Old 04-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #32
Hoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
Hoozel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
If you do some research many people say that LED's just can't match the output of the incandescent bulbs in daylight.

I plan on trying these, they look promising but they are expensive.
http://www.vleds.com/vehicle-specifi...n-signals.html
I just ordered a set, says back ordered so may be a bit. I will try to remember to post up my review of them
Old 04-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #33

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootBandit View Post
When I did my BHLM I had the same idea. I made sure I didn't paint the reflective part of the turn signal and pulled out the amber lens. My truck does not have DTRL but I figured if it did, it would be interesting to have the turn signals look like a second set of headlights within the headlights.

I ran clear halogen turn signal bulbs for a while, but switched them back when I realized how overly bright my turn signals had become.

Keeping the reflectiveness also helps with the lighting of the Whelen Vertex I have mounted.

Too bad I ruined the inside with a power washer. Fixed that with some silicone though.
It is not bad? Do you have a pic with the entire look of the front of the truck?
Here is mine, what do ya think?
Attached Thumbnails
What do you think about that? DTRL Leds with BHLM-taco.jpg  
Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #34
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoozel View Post
I just ordered a set, says back ordered so may be a bit. I will try to remember to post up my review of them
Any update on this? That looks like a great mod, but I'm curious about how the install goes, light output, especially how the light bulb ring you have to order since the LED is universal.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #35
Hoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
Hoozel's Tacoma Gallery
It finally shipped. Should be here any day. Was back ordered forever.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #36
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoozel View Post
It finally shipped. Should be here any day. Was back ordered forever.
Did you get and install yet?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #37
Skeeter Skeetin is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: AET/Flight Mechanic
Name: Greg
Skeeter Skeetin's Tacoma Gallery
Going on a old post but i figured i'd add since i have the VLEDs in my truck. The install is really easy. you just have to find a place to mount the control box. For the bulb, it comes with a bunch of different screws and washers, you just have to find the combo that works for you. You can also tap into your headlight power to dim the leds to 50% when your lights are on, just like the DTRL's do. Light output is awesome, and customer service is great.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #38
Rodallg is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Rodallg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just changed my headlights today, headlights from ebay with clear BHLM. I also did the LED DTRL mod from Chrisjumper. But I am a little bit unhappy with the results because the BHLM is a little bit too dark and give the DTRL a weird results.
So what do you think about that? How do you think I can improve the look of the DTRL in the new headlights?
I like the look, can you give me the link for the lights that you ordered along with the one for the LED mod?

Thanks
Old 05-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #39

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodallg View Post
I like the look, can you give me the link for the lights that you ordered along with the one for the LED mod?

Thanks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...073009&guest=1

Here is the link for the headlights for the LED's you can purchase them with chrisjumper csjumper2003
Old 05-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #40
Rodallg is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Rodallg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...073009&guest=1

Here is the link for the headlights for the LED's you can purchase them with chrisjumper csjumper2003
Ebay link doesn't work, do you have the sellers name?