LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What do you think about that? DTRL Leds with BHLM

Old 04-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
What do you think about that? DTRL Leds with BHLM

I just changed my headlights today, headlights from ebay with clear BHLM. I also did the LED DTRL mod from Chrisjumper. But I am a little bit unhappy with the results because the BHLM is a little bit too dark and give the DTRL a weird results.
So what do you think about that? How do you think I can improve the look of the DTRL in the new headlights?
Attached Thumbnails
What do you think about that? DTRL Leds with BHLM-img_0822.jpg  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #2

bra's Tacoma Gallery
In fact a result like that would be my goal. I want to have a better intensity from the DTRL
Attached Thumbnails
What do you think about that? DTRL Leds with BHLM-livek8vsxp.jpg  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
You would have to figure out a way to have some sort of diffuser either on your bulb or on the back of your lens... Second option would be to find out a way to seat the bulb further back so that it doesn't appear so focused behind the lens. Third would be to heat the housing and take it apart. Remove the lens and mask everything off repainting that area back there chrome. Those are what immediately come to mind
Old 04-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
ecjr173 is on a distinguished road

Name: Eli
ecjr173's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra View Post
I just changed my headlights today, headlights from ebay with clear BHLM. I also did the LED DTRL mod from Chrisjumper. But I am a little bit unhappy with the results because the BHLM is a little bit too dark and give the DTRL a weird results.
So what do you think about that? How do you think I can improve the look of the DTRL in the new headlights?
Yea I'm kind of in the same boat. It's not as intense.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #5

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Diffuser seems to be a good option but how? What if I remove the reflector of the turn signals?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What if I remove the reflector of the turn signals?
That wont help at all. I...."I" would take the signal lens out and sand the back side by hand.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In fact a result like that would be my goal. I want to have a better intensity from the DTRL
Thats my truck
And I have the same lights as you
Old 04-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #8
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
If you do some research many people say that LED's just can't match the output of the incandescent bulbs in daylight.

I plan on trying these, they look promising but they are expensive.
http://www.vleds.com/vehicle-specifi...n-signals.html
Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #9

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Thats my truck
And I have the same lights as you
Haha yea man I borrowed your pic. So what did you do to have an intensity like this if you have the same headlights as me?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #10

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
If you do some research many people say that LED's just can't match the output of the incandescent bulbs in daylight.

I plan on trying these, they look promising but they are expensive.
http://www.vleds.com/vehicle-specifi...n-signals.html
On my original headlights the LEDs were much more powerful than the original bulbs. It's just the BHLM and my new sets of headlights which hide the LEDs intensity
Old 04-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #11

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
That wont help at all. I...."I" would take the signal lens out and sand the back side by hand.
If I do that it will make a white "hole" on the headlights. You don't think so?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #12
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
If you sand the factory bowl to remove the black paint you also run the risk of damaging the chrome reflective coating in the bowl. Putting you in worse shape then you started. At least cosmetically.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #13

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
If you sand the factory bowl to remove the black paint you also run the risk of damaging the chrome reflective coating in the bowl. Putting you in worse shape then you started. At least cosmetically.
Absolutely
Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #14

bra's Tacoma Gallery
The CHLM might be the solution... take the original headlights and remove all the amber inside.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #15
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha yea man I borrowed your pic. So what did you do to have an intensity like this if you have the same headlights as me?
Ya I know I lost some light becuz of them being black...
But I bought the brighter LEDs Chris had at that time (idk if they're the same ones you have)

On my new headlights, ill be leaving the reflector chrome so the led reflects better
Old 04-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #16

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya I know I lost some light becuz of them being black...
But I bought the brighter LEDs Chris had at that time (idk if they're the same ones you have)

On my new headlights, ill be leaving the reflector chrome so the led reflects better
There is a brighter model on Chris Leds? I don't think so, but mine was really bright with the clear headlights
Old 04-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #17
Señor Member

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There is a brighter model on Chris Leds? I don't think so, but mine was really bright with the clear headlights
Ya..I had the original bulbs he had now I have the ones that have 60 LEDs with a built in dual led instead of 30 white 30 orange...
Old 04-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #18

bra's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Jerez;6715184]Ya..I had the original bulbs he had now I have the ones that have 60 LEDs with a built in dual led instead of 30 white 30 orange...[/QUOT
Great I will ask him a quote, thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #19

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya..I had the original bulbs he had now I have the ones that have 60 LEDs with a built in dual led instead of 30 white 30 orange...
What do you mean with "dual led instead of 30 white 30 orange"?
Still white/amber color? Or just white even with the turn signal?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #20

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Soo