Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Taco Missing Jack & Tools

Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
"Not you, fat jesus"
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11A 1-184 IN
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Missing Jack & Tools

So a month after buying the Taco, I realized that the jack and tools are missing from under the rear seats. Anyone know where I can buy replacements, that won't cost an arm and a leg? I called the dealership but they want somewhere near 250 for each!
Anyone know if anyone selling their stock parts?

Eventually I will be getting sliders & a hi-lift, I just want to make sure I have something to hold me over until then. I will, however, need the tools to lower the spare tire if anything happens.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
I would try a local pick n' pull salvage yard.

You could also just find an inexpensive bottle jack (harbor freight?) that will fit in the stock location, I know I've read of people doing that on here.

$250 for the POS stock jack is ridiculous. You can buy sliders for that damn near, and a hi-lift is less then $100.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
I don't doubt the OP at all.

But this does remind me of one time a co-worker bought a small hatchback of some sort, brand new at the dealer. Then he was asking around for recommendations on where to purchase a spare tire. After a lot of joking around we finally broke down and went outside to show him how to find it underneath the hatch area.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
"Not you, fat jesus"
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11A 1-184 IN
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
It's a double cab. Your tools are kept underneath the rear passenger side seat bottom.
Yea I know, I realize I put behind when I meant underneath. This is my second tacoma so I knew where they were suppose to be, just miss typed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
I would try a local pick n' pull salvage yard.

You could also just find an inexpensive bottle jack (harbor freight?) that will fit in the stock location, I know I've read of people doing that on here.

$250 for the POS stock jack is ridiculous. You can buy sliders for that damn near, and a hi-lift is less then $100.
I've looked into it, but some pick n pulls around here are still expensive for beat up parts. Haven't had good luck in the past with them and my old 2002 Taco.

I might just bite the bullet and use it as an 'excuse' to buy sliders and a hi lift. lol Just cant decide.

With the bottle jack, do you happen to know which size is closest to the stock one? that way it will fit in the compartment? I'd hate to buy one and hear it rattling around back there. The cab is already loud enough with the drone and driveshaft vibration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstick View Post
I don't doubt the OP at all.

But this does remind me of one time a co-worker bought a small hatchback of some sort, brand new at the dealer. Then he was asking around for recommendations on where to purchase a spare tire. After a lot of joking around we finally broke down and went outside to show him how to find it underneath the hatch area.
Thats funny, I had a friend do the same thing, He wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, however.
The issue I have is that the Truck was bought used private party from a guy near my home town. The truck was his daughters in High school and they had it for almost 2 years. Before then they bought it from Hayward Toyota. I emailed him about the missing tools and jack; he had replied saying neither he/nor his daughter had ever used them, that his daughter didn't even know what a jack was...
Old 04-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
rtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
rtn1911's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a bottle jack in addition to the stock jack. I like both, and personally do not think that the stock jack is a POS.

Anyway, in my Tacoma I have a 3-ton Norco that I bought from Hyjack in LA. It's pretty similar in size to the stock. In my Dodge I carried a big ass 12-ton, but had a lot more room in that truck. I carry my bottle jacks standing up, not on their side. The Norcos are good, and probably wouldn't leak anyway, but I don't really want to find out. Also...whatever you get, it's a good idea to use it from time to time. Exercise it. You can't have too many jacks, IMO, so a Hi-Lift and a bottle jack would be a nice combination.

Here's a link to Hyjacks web page. They have a lot of interesting stuff here besides bottle jacks (yes, I know the Norco jacks are expensive, but I've been using them for years...a lot...and have never, ever had a problem)
http://www.hyjacks.com/H21.HTM
Old 04-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
I've bought 3 Toyotas and only one came with jack or tools alls used vehicles. I have a 3 or 4 ton bottle jack for my truck now but still have now way to get the spare down so ill eventually rig somethin up for that.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
Pictographer
triplejjj has a spectacular aura abouttriplejjj has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jerry
triplejjj's Tacoma Gallery
The first thing I do is check to make sure, all is present and accounted for!
To tell you the truth, your better off buying own anyway. Now you can get a decent one.