Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

URD FUEL PUMP which is the best?

Old 04-08-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
kauai808boy is on a distinguished road

kauai808boy's Tacoma Gallery
URD FUEL PUMP which is the best?

was gona order my fuel pump kit for my 07 stock super charged tacoma but couldn't decide on which fuel pump would be the most reliable brand to go with so im asking the world what you think is best of the best

its either

Walbro 255 LPH High Pressure fuel pump

AEM 320 LPH pump

DeatschWerks 255 or 320 LPH pump

AeroMotive 340 LPH pump
Old 04-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I've havent heard of any real problems with the walbro
Old 04-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be fine with the Walbro 255 HP (alot of people use this one)

Unless you plan on jumping into higher horsepower with the supercharger then you should get the Aeromotive 340 (this is the pump I use) for more flow

Truthfully you can't go wrong with any of them
Old 06-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
2wheelnut is on a distinguished road

Name: Angelo
2wheelnut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I've heard of a couple folks who have had issues with the Walbro..I went with the 320 AEM for a little bit of extra capacity from a pump that I've had good luck with.
Didn't want to open a new thread but was wondering how bad mileage was affected with the AEM 320? I am about to put one in my truck along with the 2.85 pulley...
Old 06-04-2014, 04:46 AM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelnut View Post
Didn't want to open a new thread but was wondering how bad mileage was affected with the AEM 320? I am about to put one in my truck along with the 2.85 pulley...

I didn't note any real change w/ the fuel pump. The blower took less then 1 mpg off so I 'm between 15.5 and 16.5 driving like I normally do.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:52 AM   #7
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelnut View Post
A larger fuel pump won't affect gas mileage. The injectors are still only going to flow the necessary amount, based off of the fuel pressure and target AFR. In Close loop.