Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

codes 2441/2445; air switcching valve

Old 04-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #1
some zilch is on a distinguished road
some zilch's Tacoma Gallery
codes 2441/2445; air switcching valve

my truck (08, 4cyl, 5spd, base model, completely stock) has been throwing these codes. '
2441-air switching valve stuck closed
2445-air pump stuck off

they are both related to some pump that injects air into the exhaust when the engine is cold to lessen emissions--completely unnecessary for truck operation and has no effect on driveability. But....i need the truck to pass inspection and it will not b/c the light is on.

anyhow; does one of those issues "make" the other issue appear-- such as the "the switching valve stuck closed forces the pump to be off"?

all hoses/wires are hooked up, both issues appeared at the same time. the pump costs over $900, and the valve costs $300ish. i hate to "throw parts' at the problem, but i am not familiar with this system.

anyone have any insight?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:18 AM   #2
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by some zilch View Post
my truck (08, 4cyl, 5spd, base model, completely stock) has been throwing these codes. '
2441-air switching valve stuck closed
2445-air pump stuck off

they are both related to some pump that injects air into the exhaust when the engine is cold to lessen emissions--completely unnecessary for truck operation and has no effect on driveability. But....i need the truck to pass inspection and it will not b/c the light is on.

anyhow; does one of those issues "make" the other issue appear-- such as the "the switching valve stuck closed forces the pump to be off"?

all hoses/wires are hooked up, both issues appeared at the same time. the pump costs over $900, and the valve costs $300ish. i hate to "throw parts' at the problem, but i am not familiar with this system.

anyone have any insight?
Check on Tundrasolutions. New 5.7 has similiar problems and these guys have ways fixing on cheap.
I would say try cleaning it up first. if that does not work than replacement.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #3
pjchrisrvm is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
pjchrisrvm's Tacoma Gallery
First thing to do is remove your air switching valve and see if you have rodent damage. I get a lot of trucks that have acorns or other rodent debris stuck in the valve.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:31 AM   #4
some zilch is on a distinguished road
some zilch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
Check on Tundrasolutions. New 5.7 has similiar problems and these guys have ways fixing on cheap.
I would say try cleaning it up first. if that does not work than replacement.

i briefly saw some this mentioned elsewhere, but did not realize the systems were similar...thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjchrisrvm View Post
First thing to do is remove your air switching valve and see if you have rodent damage. I get a lot of trucks that have acorns or other rodent debris stuck in the valve.
sounds goood, i will take it out this weekend