Old 04-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
DaveK
Au1946 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security
Name: Dave
Au1946's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help with Decision

Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I need help making a decision on what
type of engine to get with my 2013 Tacoma.I will be buying a Tacoma 4x2 Double Cab Sr5 reg bed and I will be installing a cap on the back. The truck will primarily be use for everyday running around town type of chore's,some highway some city. The secondary and most important use will to haul around my canoe and camping gear.Since I live in Ohio which is mostly flat a 4 cylinder would be adequate for my needs. But two or three times a year I like to travel to upstate New York to do some wilderness canoeing.Upstate NY is mostly mountainous with lot's of lakes.The mountains range in height (guessing) from a few Thousand to eight thousand feet but the roads are good
mostly two lane and in some places four lane until you get near the wilderness area then dirt and gravel.So What do you people think a 4 Cyl or 6 Cyl .Any help you can give would be appreciate.

Thanks in Advance Au1946
Old 04-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
Hollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud of
Name: Steve
Hollywood Ball's Tacoma Gallery
Just went from a 2012 reg cab 4 cyl to a 2013 access cab V6. Go with the V6.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
you said haul and mountains. V6
Old 04-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
rickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
rickcrna's Tacoma Gallery
For only two or three times a year going to the mountains and the rest is flatland driving, the expense of a V6 is probably NOT justified. Over the ownership of the truck, the V6 is certainly going to cost more in terms of fuel and maintenance vs the I4.

Of course the power hungry fanboys here will probably disagree.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Signal Corps
monkeyface's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Au1946 View Post
Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I need help making a decision on what
type of engine to get with my 2013 Tacoma.I will be buying a Tacoma 4x2 Double Cab Sr5 reg bed and I will be installing a cap on the back. The truck will primarily be use for everyday running around town type of chore's,some highway some city. The secondary and most important use will to haul around my canoe and camping gear.Since I live in Ohio which is mostly flat a 4 cylinder would be adequate for my needs. But two or three times a year I like to travel to upstate New York to do some wilderness canoeing.Upstate NY is mostly mountainous with lot's of lakes.The mountains range in height (guessing) from a few Thousand to eight thousand feet but the roads are good
mostly two lane and in some places four lane until you get near the wilderness area then dirt and gravel.So What do you people think a 4 Cyl or 6 Cyl .Any help you can give would be appreciate.

Thanks in Advance Au1946
The truck needs a V6, the I4 is ok, but 160 HP just doesn't cut it. Resale value 10 years down the road, I don't think a lot of people will be impressed with the I4. It's only about $1500 for the V6 and Sr5 package, go for it.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
Osugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Osugoose's Tacoma Gallery
D-cab is heavy for an i4 me thinks, have you driven one yet? I have friends with the I4 A-cab prerunner that are perfectly happy, depends on your style of driving. MT or AT?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
rtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
rtn1911's Tacoma Gallery
Drive them both. I did, and the difference was enough for me to go with the V6.