Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

rock sliders to protect my doors from other drivers?

Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
legga400 is on a distinguished road
legga400's Tacoma Gallery
rock sliders to protect my doors from other drivers?

Anyone have any opinions on which bars/sliders/runningboards will protect my doors the most from other parkers?

I usually park as far away as possible but someone scratched the shit out of my passenger door (2012 DCLB) in Boston. I had to drive my wife to the dr and it was our only means of transport at the time.

I'd like something that will protect my doors and maybe mess the other persons door up... teach them a lesson.

I was thinking Avid rock sliders but I'm not sure they'll stick out far enough
Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
most rock sliders stick out enough to protect your doors.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Any of the sliders made by any of the vendors on here will work fine. I bought mine from Pelfreybilt but I've heard good things about all the vendors. Pelfreybilt and Bruteforce don't have a vendor page yet but check them both out. Tyler and Billy do good work
Old 04-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine from 4xinnovations and yes they will protect you from door dings but if someone higher that you parks beside you then there will be no protection
Old 04-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
A few people bought BAMF in a group buy..so far everyone loved them.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ya they will work nice for that, us new england guys had a pallet of 6 sets of BAMF sliders shipped out to mass a few months ago, to bad you missed it
Old 04-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
It depends. I've had my rock sliders on my truck for almost 4 years, and I've received many door dings, sometimes twice a week. It turns out my wife's car, it's the shape of her doors, is able to overcome the slider and hit my doors. I bought some of those vinyl door edge guard things and put them on her car. I also stopped parking next to her.

I don't have one but I understand that a typical 3" lift will also help a lot.

Good luck.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
nice... this is a good pic of what I'm looking for
Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
I got mine from 4xinnovations and yes they will protect you from door dings but if someone higher that you parks beside you then there will be no protection

This pic..
Old 04-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #10
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
I would also suggest some kind of door guard, the type you either put on yourself, or have them installed. I know they look tacky, but they work. The ones from Toyota are pretty expensive, but the DIY types are usually not too much money.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Don't rely on sliders to protect you from door dings. It all depends on which type of car parks next to you. With both Demello & BAMF I've still gotten door dings and have yet to notice a scratch on the sliders. M'eh.
I agree. Especially the rear door of 4 door cars. The shape of the door usually follows the wheel arch and will clear your sliders or running board.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
BAMF Sliders

I had them angled down a bit so they stick out further than normal. They will only protect against door dings if the car is smaller than yours. If you park next to a similar sized vehicle, you will still get door dings.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #14
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Don't rely on sliders to protect you from door dings. It all depends on which type of car parks next to you. With both Demello & BAMF I've still gotten door dings and have yet to notice a scratch on the sliders. M'eh.
Your doing it all wrong all the paint should of been gone by now! Go use them sliders!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Your doing it all wrong all the paint should of been gone my now! Go use them sliders!
I use mine as steps every day

Old 04-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #16
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Your doing it all wrong all the paint should of been gone my now! Go use them sliders!
Painting. Oh how I love to repaint my sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I use mine as steps every day

x2 me too. So does my kid.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #17
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damnit, I was hoping no one would call me out on this, and then it had to be YOU. lol I've tried a few times to no avail, but if this weekend in Big Bear doesn't do it there are a few upcoming trips that should. Or I'll drive up to NorCal for a meet...
Old 04-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #18
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery

Old 04-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #19
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Stubbs sliders will protect me from cars. In fact they would do some awesome damage to car doors. Pretty difficult to protect from trucks though.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #20
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Stubbs sliders will protect me from cars. In fact they would do some awesome damage to car doors. Pretty difficult to protect from trucks though.
Yea was thinking its useless with trucks the same height or higher..lol